XXIII. The Tragedy of Noelle Kerr

Chapter Twenty Three:  The Tragedy of Noelle Kerr

~~~

After raiding the employee bathroom of pads and tampons, the girls paraded around the hotel, splitting off from one another— not far, in case someone were to get in trouble— and had searched all the hotel rooms, one by one after Eva raided the receptionist desk of room keys.

Eva was currently exiting Room 316, shouting out to Yaz in 314. Yaz poked her head out the door, asking if she found anything.

"Does my ass look good in these jeans?" Eva asked, posing with her ass pointed at Yaz.

Yasmina's eyebrows furrowed. "Where did you get those from?"

"Someone left them behind?"

"Eva!"

"What? It's not like anyone else is actually using them anymore. Plus, lookie—" she twirled around in a circle. "They fit me perfectly!"

"We're supposed to be looking for period supplies, not stealing people's clothes!"

"Yasmina, I don't know if you noticed this, but we're stranded at an abandoned amusement park. We've been raiding the place for food, water, and now tampons. I don't think it's going to hurt to steal a pair of sweatpants for Brooklynn, or someone's jeans. Like, they smelled fresh. They're worn in, so they're not itchy anymore. And the person they belonged to is either dead or made it back to the mainland. Either way, they're not coming back for a pair of jeans."

Yasmina rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest. She bit her tongue, then slowly admitted, "Okay, the people that left my room left behind a super cute pineapple button down t-shirt." She gestured with her head, and Eva eagerly followed her into her room.

The room was identical to Eva's, with two queen beds, a couch, and a large TV. There was a mini fridge in the corner, the door wide open and the drinks inside picked over.

"I drank all the orange soda," she admitted quietly.

"Wow, super on brand, Miss Orange, Orange, and Orange."

Yaz pushed her shoulder, snorting, then walked over to one of the beds, which was covered with clothes as well. She picked up a white button down covered with little golden yellow pineapples.

Eva peered over her shoulder. "You should take it." Yaz hesitated. "Seriously, what's stopping you? There's no cops here, if you haven't noticed. I could walk around this resort naked if I wanted to."

"Please don't," she begged.

"Just because you asked."

The two burst into a fit of giggles.

Why was it so hard to consider Yasmina a friend?

Yasmina tossed the pineapple shirt over her shoulder, then grabbed one of her open orange sodas. "We should move on. Another dozen rooms to cover, and it's gonna be dark soon."

"You think the boys will care if we spend the night here?"

"What, like a huge girly pop sleepover?" Yaz mocked.

"Hell yeah," Eva grinned. "Why not? We'd have real beds, endless sodas, and we could totally raid the gift shop for all their snacks. Might as well make the best with whatever we can't carry back."