Ark 1, Chapter 10.5: Lost in Confusion.

———

"What the hell—?!" Mephone grumbled as he got the second notification. he angrily opened the revival app and spawned Test Tube in first.

Test Tube appeared in a bright flash of light and looked around confused. "What the—? How— how did I get here?!" She asked as she looked at the tropical surroundings.

"Uh... Mephone..." Said a very posh British voice. "Who is this? Another contestant you've rounded up for this so called... 'game show'?" He said as he made the quotes sign with his fingers dramatically.

Mephone sighed and punched his screen where his nose would be. "No—! Well... Yes... kind of..."

"What?! Mephone— You already have a gameshow!" Test Tube put her hands on her hips.

"Well, now I'm multitasking! Is that so hard to get? How did you even die anyway...?" Mephone grumbled as he crossed his arms.

Test Tube observed the people standing around her before shaking her head and answering. "I was trying to help Nickel... Because he was bleeding... and as soon as I touched him... Well uh.. It hurt for like a fraction of a second... And then— I think I died."

Mephone looked a confused expression and everyone else looked... Horrified. Mephone, while keeping eye contact with Test Tube, revived Soap.

"What happened to—?"

"WHAT... HOW AM I—?! WHERE AM I?!" Soap looked around at Test Tube and then Mephone, and then everyone else. "WHAT THE FUCK?!" She stumbled back.

"Ow!" Said a voice coming from near the ground.

Soap looked back only to find a face on the ground. "AAAAAAAAH—!!" She yelled and stumbled forward.

"Rude... Didn't ask to be stepped on then screamed at..." He said with an bored expression.

"My dear... Can you do us a favour and stop screaming?" The spoon complained.

Soap looked around at Everyone. "HOW THE HELL DID I DIE?!" Soap asked in confusion.

"I was hoping you'd tell us." Mephone tapped his foot impatiently on the sand.

"A-all I did was walk into the room!" Soap explained.

"Who's room?" Asked Test Tube as she raised and eyebrow.

"Nickel and Balloon's room! I walked in to clean up! There was blood, feathers, and acid everywhere. And— Your dead body..." Soap rubbed one of her arms.

"So... You walked in and just— died???" Test Tube looked confused.

"I think so!"

"Did anything happen before you died?!" Test Tube asked in a very concerned tone. Trying to search for the cause of their deaths.

"Well... Everything hurt really bad for like a second?! And then it all went dark." Soap huffed.

"Wait... Did... Did you touch anything?"

"I think I accidentally bumped into Nickel?" Soap shrugged in confusion.

Test Tube thought for a second... The things both their deaths had in common, was they both touched Nickel, and died a split second after intense pain... Nickel could be the source. But there would only be one way to test that theory. "We need to go back..."

"Alright then, you guys go back I guess..." Mephone looked pretty pissed they even showed up in the first place.

"No, Mephone. You have to come too." Test Tube grabbed Mephone's wrist.

"What—?! Hey! No!" Mephone tried to pull his wrist away, but Test Tube was insisting.

"Would you like to have a sea of all of the contestants here? Or go back home and until we figure everything out..." Test Tube let go of Mephone's wrist and crossed her arms.

Mephone looked back at the other group of people and sighed. "Well what about them? I just leave them here?!"

"They can come along if you're so worried!" Test Tube snapped.

Mephone was silent for a moment, pondering his best options. And then he sighed with annoyance. "Fine! Fine...! All of you... Let's go." Mephone hissed.

Everyone started to follow Mephone. Soap was watching skeptically from the back. She was looking at the blue... Goo thing... as if it was the plague.

"Do you have a boat?" Test Tube asked. "I'm assuming this isn't the same Island as the one with Hotel OJ.

"Well... I suppose." Mephone focused really hard as he tried to spawn in a boat. He eventually got it before collapsing backwards out of exhaustion. The boat was barely big enough to fit everyone. "Ow..." Mephone muttered.

Test Tube hauled Mephone into the boat, and directed everyone else on. A Candle, Spoon, Tea— Pot???, buoy, blue slime, cabinet, four-leaf-clover, blueberry, and... oh... The... face on the floor...

"How do I... Take you...?!" Test Tube pondered as she looked down at him.

"Well I'm not even sure if I can go." He said.

"Do you want to come?" Test Tube asked curiously.

"Well sort of... I've never seen outside of this island." He admitted nervously. "Because I kind of... Am the island?"

Test Tube sighed. "So you're stuck in that position?" She crouched down.

"Well, no. I can— Pop —Move places around here freely.

Test Tube sighed. "I think I have an Idea..." she looked over to Mephone who groaned as he sat up. "Can you generate a jar?" she questioned.

"I— What??? I just—!" Mephone tried to retaliate since he was exhausted.

"Just do it..." Test Tube growled bitterly.

Mephone made an annoyed sound and did as she requested. Test Tube took the jar, and scooped up the face in the sand with the jar.

"There...!" Test Tube said proudly as she admired her problem solving skills.

"Oh! Hey thanks!" The face—floor thing said.

Test Tube nodded and pushed the boat into the ocean, and hopped in holding the jar with the others.

"My name's Floory by the way." He introduced himself politely.

"What's yours?"

———

SCREAMS YIPPEE!!!

———