Ark 1, Chapter 16: Burning Rage.

———

Pickle had been lying in his bed awake all night. The sight of her... He didn't know what to think. He wanted closure of some kind. But he just couldn't forgive her, he just... Couldn't let it go. He knew it wasn't healthy to hold a grudge like this, Knife made that clear many times. So maybe he should just, tell Taco how he feels, and break things off for good.

Make it clear he wanted nothing to do with her after what she did.

But he also felt bad about it, since, they were still kids after all. She was 14 when it happened, and he was 15. They were just children. They were still children.

Did he have the right to be angry?

He was someone with his own feelings. He could be mad if he wanted to... Right? He was upset. And he wanted to make that clear, he wanted Taco to understand she hurt him. And then he'd finally have closure and be able to leave it alone.

He sat up in his bed. And rubbed his eyes before looking at the clock next to him. It was 7am. He usually slept in until 10, but he didn't care at this point.

He knew Taco was in Microphone's room, so he'd wait for breakfast at 9am when Microphone, and Test Tube hopefully leave for breakfast. So he can talk to her alone.

He'd probably take Knife with him. Just in case, he knew Taco had a tendency to become violent when she was upset.

He slid out of bed and opened the door quietly as to not wake his roommate. And swiftly made his way down the stairs and sat immediately on the couch. He had two hours to kill, so why not play some games...?

———

Fan was building his rage into pure energy, trying to prove himself as better than the others. To prove he was the one destined to save everyone rather than the other boy. He was older, smarter, why not him?! He was a capable 19 year old!

At least, he thought so.

The orbs got bigger and stronger as he blasted the empty walls of the temple. His desire for revenge and to prove himself was rising so fast it surpassed his morals. He wanted to be better, he wanted to fix things.

To fix something that didn't need fixing.

Like a completed puzzle. He wanted to rearrange the pieces into something he thought was right. He didn't understand why things changed for the worse. In his opinion, everything should've stayed the way it was before. To resume their normal lives. Which was impossible.

He would prove to everyone after those abnormalities were eliminated. That life was better before.

He'd carve the world into his foolish state of mind if he had to.

He'd carve it to his liking, until it felt right. He was given the power for a reason. He would use it for the better of everyone. Or what he perceived what the better of everyone was.

He was blinded by hatred and rage.

It wasn't like him.

He had no idea that he was changing for the worse too.

He breathed heavily as the rocks in front of him exploded on contact with the magical orb he had shot out of his palm. Fan lowered his hand, he wondered what other abilities he had that weren't flight, and the explosives he could materialize in an instant.