Ark 2, Chapter 27: Long Time no See.

TW: SELF HARM, THEMES OF ABUSE, AND NEGLECT.

———

Once there was a hatchling, barely able to fly.

But it's dearest parents, only wished him to die.

Another child that hatched, one they loved more as it was born.

The poor child had not known, she lived in a nest of thorns.

As her dear brother fell from the tree, his parents didn't care.

And the young bird sang her song, blinded by what her parents saw as fair.

But as her feathers grew out, she was soon to take flight.

And realized that her parents had only brought pain and strife.

Fled, to a safe place the young bird flew...

"And that is how I found my way back to you..."

"I'm sorry... Dear Brother"

———

Paper walked up to Balloon and Nickel's door. He knocked on it gently, and waited patiently outside for it to be opened.

"Boys! It's time for lunch, me and TeaKettle made something together!" Paper chimed, with a happy smile, trying to ignore the beady eyes of Looseleaf only he could see from across the hallway.

Looseleaf has been much more active as of late.

Strange...

Balloon jumped off the bed, holding Nickel and opened the door. He gave a small wave to Nickel, and then adjusted his grip on the shorter boy as to not drop him.

"Let's head downstairs alright?" Paper gave a kind smile as he watched Balloon run down the hallway with a happy smile towards the stairs. Paper then glared at Looseleaf.

"What?" Looseleaf spat rudely.

"Why are you just— STARING?!" Paper growled in confusion.

Looseleaf rolled his eyes. "Just watching. What? You expect me to sit in the mindscape all day with nothing to do?" He gave a wicked smirk.

Paper scowled in response. "Don't cause trouble..." he warned.

"Oh, relax! You know I can't do anything without control over your physical body..." Looseleaf reminded as he walked closer to Paper.

"Don't test me Looseleaf." Paper snarled as he stood his ground.

Looseleaf's smile grew to a sadistic one. "I would love to..." He sneered. "Don't make me search for loopholes in our deal Paper... Because I will find one..."