Ark 2, Chapter 40: "Power on!"

TW: Needles, death.

———

Test Tube was preparing to leave. She packed her goggles so she could meld metal together without harming her eyes, and a small satchel with a small knife and a few tools she took from her lab before. She then slung the small brown satchel over her shoulder. She had to be careful...

Test Tube then approached the doors to the Mansion, and peaked through them. She exited quietly and ran for the forest. She may have been a bright green, but it was easier to blend in than most. She covered some of her glass in mud to hide her glass's shine.

She then keeps through the forest careful for any soldiers patrolling the area. She had a few close calls too. Test Tube managed to reach the clearing where her lab was. And peaked through the bushes to see two soldiers near the vending machine. Her eyes narrowed and she took out the knife in her bag.

"I wonder what they did with the subject they captured." One of the soldiers audibly thought.

The other shrugged. "Probably off to the facility in the mainlands by now..." they crossed their arms. "Now hurry up and get your stupid drink so we can go. Boss will kill us if he catches us slacking off."

"Yeah... Hey, ever wonder why there's a vending machine out here in the middle of nowhere...?"

"Probably contestant grounds. This island has a gameshow Remember?"

"Right, right..."

Both soldiers grab drinks and leave. Test Tube exhaled in relief as both left the clearing. She then ran up to the vending machine and clicked the buttons. She then quickly slid down the tunnel. As soon as her feet hit the floor she locked the outside door.

Test a tube then sat up against the wall and wiped the sweat away from her face. Luckily, the hard part was over. With all these gadgets it would be easy to get back. Now, all she had to do was build the damn device.

Test Tube sighed and began gathering all of the material she'd need. She placed them all on her desk and began constructing the device. She worked hard at her desk, melding, building, testing. It took trial and error. And it still wasn't perfect. After all, the first law of conservation of energy is that energy cannot be created nor destroyed. She cant just make mass disappear entirely from an object.

Test Tube worked away and inevitably found she could compress the mass rather than make it disappear entirely. Baxter would still be as heavy, but be smaller. It was perfect! She tested it out a few times and worked pretty well. Sure, she hadn't tested it on biological matter, but she'd do that when she got back.

Test Tube sighed, and sat back in her rolling chair, pushing her goggles up. That only took the whole day... she glanced at the clock noticing the time. And then got up to put the rest of her extra materials away. She grabbed it and walked over to her storage room. She froze in her tracks at what laid across from her.

The robot she had built with her beloved friend...

The one she cared about.

That she loved...

She noticed her own tears, and quickly wiped them away. Approaching the robot and picked at it's unfinished body. There was no need for this tech anymore. Bow was alive. So should she scrap it? This could be the last time she ever saw this.

Test Tube frowned. She didn't want to waste her hard work. But she didn't have the knowledge of Bow like Fan did. And Regardless it wasn't necessary anymore. And the body itself was just a metal frame.