Ark 2, Chapter 35: .uoY dessiM I

———

Cobs walked past the tree line of the forest and looked at the hotel. He could definitely sense Fan nearby. Though his power was muffled by something. "Idiot..." Cobs muttered with his fists clenched.

Luckily for Cobs, nobody was near Fan from what he could tell. Cobs teleported inside the hotel and in front of the closet door. He then opened it with his powers and looked down at the pitiful and bloody scene beneath him.

"You look like you've been put through a paper shredder..." Cobs hissed.

Fan only made a faint groan of pain. And shifted uncomfortably in the confines of the small enclosed closet.

Cobs used his powers to destroy the device on Fan's wrist. It sparked and burnt up and clanked as it hit the ground.

Fan immediately regenerated himself. It was painful however, and was taking quite a while.

"Are you an idiot?!" Cobs growled.

"I-I was tryi—trying... To... Make a plan of attack... I wasn't expecting Paper to be in the forest! I-I'm sorry..." Fan muttered in response with a scared and bitter tone.

"Why the hell did it look like you were foolish enough to dove into a pool of stray cats?!" Cobs snarled.

"N-Nickel... Tortured me..." He replied.

"For what reason?!"

"Information..." Fan answered in a whisper.

Cobs went silent for a few moments. And then his eyes narrowed. "About... What... Exactly...?"

"...Balloon......" Fan answered.

Cobs felt his blood boil. "And... Did you tell him?"!

"..." Fan didn't answer.

Cobs looked pissed. "We must leave. Now." He grabbed Fan's wrist, and yanked him up. "Next time, don't do shit without me, or my word. Got it?!"

"Fine..." Fan hissed

"Good. Let us go." Cobs said as he teleported away with Fan.

———

A few moments earlier.

Lightbulb was sitting next to Paintbrush. Their health was continuing to decline. And fast... It wasn't pretty. She wanted to help them somehow. But she knew that was out of her ability.

She sighed and tucked her legs close to her with a frown. Worried sick.

She perked up to a knock on the door. Lightbulb looked over, her hand began to glow as she cautiously walked over and opened the door. She couldn't see anyone. She looked about, until her eyes glanced down.

Earring was there fidgeting with his hands. He gave a nervous wave. "H-hi...! I was told there are spare rooms on this floor...?" He mumbled nervously, intimidated by Lightbulb's glowing hand.

Lightbulb, surprised by the appearance of someone she's never met. Her wings fluttered and she shook the light from her hand away. "Oh! I can show ya where little fella!" Lightbulb smiled.

Earring gave a nod.

Lightbulb shut the door and led Earring down the hall. "Sooo, what's your name?" She asked.

"Earring...! Uh..." He read the small metal label on Lightbulb's side beneath her arm. "LED Light? Or just LED?" He asked, trying to figure out her name on his own.