Ark 2, Chapter 36: You Can't Save What's Been Lost.

TW: A LOT OF GORE/SUICIDAL THOUGHTS

I know at the start I said I wouldn't warn ya about gore. But holy shit. There's a lot. Prepare yourself.

(For the next few chapters)

———

Nickel, before he could launch the hot air balloon, turned around. "Balloon—?!" His eyes widened.

Cobs was floating, Fan next to him. Cobs had used his powers to summon threads that looked darker than a black void. His eyes were filled with malice. His smile was wicked.

"Going somewhere?" He sneered with a slight sadistic laugh.

Nickel gasped, horrified. "BALLOON! NO!" He summoned his claws, and tried to attack Cobs, or at least destroy the threads. Which were slowly wrapping around Balloon more and more.

"Fan, deal with him." Cobs commanded.

Fan nodded and trapped Nickel in the mass of darkness he formed with his powers.

Nickel yelled and collapsed as he was slowly consumed in the substance. It spread around his body and made him feel weak... So... Weak...

The tiny strands of darkness felt like a million needles in Balloon's skin. Slowly constricting him. Tears fell from the poor boy's eyes and trickled down the small strands. He watched the boy he loved get caught all because of him...

Cobs yanked him over with his powers, the small threads still spreading. "My, my... You really thought you could get away? You're struggle is amusing..." Cobs chuckled, and clenched his fist, which harshly tightened the restraints on the poor boy's body.

He whimpered in pain, unable to say a word due to the ones over his mouth.

Cobs's glasses flickered in the sunlight. His smile was evident. He teleported the four of them back into the room that Balloon had been trapped inside before. "Uncover the Coin's eyes..." Cobs commanded.

Fan snapped his fingers, which allowed Nickel to see.

"I was going to wait... Before I took his power..." Cobs explained. "After all, I wanted to let them grow, and manifest. But... You want to know what I've realized?" Cobs sneered.

Nickel didn't like where this was going...

"Infinite power... Is infinite, yes? I practically have the perfect battery right in my arms!" Cobs laughed.

Nickel tried to shout many horrible HORRIBLE insults at the disgusting man... But his mouth was still covered.

Cobs laughed at Nickel's anger. "All I need to do is make sure he can't escape..." Cobs muttered. "And I realize, your friend doesn't do well with pain. So I ask you this... What do you think would happen... If his own body became his prison?" Cobs asked.

Nickel was confused... he didn't understand...

Cobs waved his hand. The threads wrapped around the rest of the boy, leaving no part of his body visible. Except his wings.

"What are you going to do...?" Fan muttered in confusion. Also not understanding...

"See his wings? Watch." Cobs used his powers to manipulate the wings around the boy, as tight as the joints and bones would let him naturally, then wrapping the threads around his wings tighter.

"That's it...?" Fan asked raising an eyebrow. "That doesn't seem that ba—..."

CRUNCH