Ark 2, Chapter 47: Risk.

———

Microphone exited the house with a sight, the door shut behind her within a small click. She let her feet land on the wooden deck just outside and heard the stiff boards creak as she walked out towards the stairs a few feet ahead. There was police tape that had been ripped off the railing. Microphone was confused by this of course, but chose to ignore this for now. She knew it wasn't a good time to ask.

Microphone continued down to the dirt driveway at the bottom of the steps. The whole place was surrounded by trees and light tree cover. She walked down the long dirt road until it faded to concrete. She stepped by cars and as life and the sound of bustling city and traffic came into ear shot, she pulled her hood up to not be identified as easily.

Her body still aches, and the long walk wasn't helping her aching muscles and bones recover. She continued on anyway, knowing she had to. At least she wasn't dragging two injured objects in tow.

She could've sworn she felt herself stumbling a few times. She was exhausted... But pushed forward anyway. It had been hours before she actually reached the city.

Soon enough she reached bustling streets. She tried her best to keep her eyes on the prize and on walking. As she entered the store she bumped into a few objects and tripped. They tell her to watch where she was going.

Microphone apologized, and noted their heavy British accents. She stood up and stumbled into the store and grabbed a few things that she knew Pickle, Knife, Taco, and her would like.

She then walked towards the cashier and placed the items next to the register. The women at the desk scanned through the collection of food items and few medical supplies. It wasn't much, but pricing was fairly high nonetheless.

Microphone looked at the price and took out the coin purse. She then dumped it out onto her hand. She looked over the coins and realized she had... no idea how to count these...! Pounds... and pence...? She sighed and frowned, she couldn't just Google how to count the coins either...

"Uhhh..." She muttered as she tried to look around for any point of reference. Nobody was behind her in line luckily, but she felt like an idiot. And— didn't want to explain she'd never been here before to the cashier. "I—...uh..."

But, they had long caught on to that. "You need help?" They ask, leaning on the counter with their hand out, gesturing Microphone to hand the purse over.

Microphone pouted and gave a little nod. "Th—that would be nice." She chuckled nervously.

"It's easy, see? They practically say the amount on the coin, alright?" The cashier explained and then placed them down on the counter and counted them. "It seems you're short..." She sighed.

"O-oh..." She frowned.

"How did you even come across these? You've clearly never been here before... and you look—...Injured..." she pointed out with a raised eyebrow. Microphone flinched back slightly, and tugged at the sweater strings nervously. "Are you alright?" The cashier asked.

That's when a girl stepped into the store, and turned over towards Microphone and the cashier. She looked down and then talked in a proud and boasted voice. "Oh—M—Gosh! What's, like, going on?" She asked.

Microphone, startled, turned to the girl and stumbled back, her injected body nearly crashing into the storefront window.

The girl who had forced her way into the conversation was petite and very pretty. She was wearing fancy boots and had a fluffy scarf. Her body was a yellow piece of silk, which appeared golden in the lighting of the store.