Ark 1, Chapter 25: Wisp in the Wind...

———

Immortality, The ability to live forever.

True immortality how ever... Makes the term forever look like a speck.

———

The wind...

The wind should have been cold. But... She didn't feel a thing. The grass beneath her, she could no longer touch. She sat up and felt the white smoke that came from her body, it was comforting in a way... She didn't feel any pain.

Was she dead...?

She stood up and felt her face, no feeling in her hands, nor her face as she touched her cheeks. She could see the world... but it was different this time. Flows of colours that pulsed throughout the everything... The sky, The ground, the water...! Rifts, and swirls... It was beautiful.

She began to have some sort of feeling in her feet again. She looked down to see the bone, flesh, and muscle begin to reform at the soles of her feet. She could feel the grass beneath her again. The crinkle of the leaves too. She picked up one of the dead leaves and noticed nothing was there, no flowing colours... She frowned, why was the leaf something that lacked the colours...?

Unless, she was seeing something to do with life? But how...?

She walked through the forest, dodging the bits of glass that littered the ground. She continued through the forest sticking out her hand, and letting the dancing river of colours flow through her fingers. He wispy eyes shimmered in amazement, the wings on her back fluttered slightly.

The skin and flesh on her shins now beginning to form. She smiled now being able to feel the cool midnight air on her legs.

She continued and noticed that it seems the these lights were all flowing and seeming to regroup in the same direction, like a river flowing out to sea.

She wondered where it went...

But then again, it was late.

And Lightbulb needed to get home.

———

Test Tube was helping Paintbrush into bed. Things weren't looking good... The purple marks that spread throughout their body was only getting worse, and Paintbrush barely seemed... Out of it. Like part of them wasn't there.

Like their soul itself was slipping through their fingers.

Test Tube had tried everything she could think of... Any medicine she could give them, without causing a dangerous chemical reaction... Or an overdose. Nothing helped! It didn't even effect them.

Test Tube also had to use a device to contain Paintbrush's fire. Which was flickering a dim grey... Test Tube backed up agains the wall and wiped the sweat from her head, and then covered her eyes...

Everything was going wrong...

It was all wrong...!

What could be done?! Nothing is adding up...! Paintbrush seemed only to be getting sicker...