Ark 2, Chapter 41: Silent Screams.

———

The smell of burning was putrid. The smoke in the air stung her eyes and caused her to choke and cough. Only a thick red liquid escaped her mouth rather than the smoke that had settled in her lungs. She heard shouting and scolding.

The blood flooded down, and she tried to move, of course she couldn't. Taco was confused. And that's when the pain began to sink in. The burning, the stabbing pain, the stinging. Her body jolted with discomfort, which made the pain spread throughout her body faster. She struggled, the pain setting in and seeping into her now destroyed body. It was agony.

The scientists noticed her obvious struggle and walk over. Syringe grabbed her face and forcefully turned her face to him. "Don't move. It will only make it worse." Syringe hissed. "Your wounds are regenerating slower than expected... And my idiot partner's hand slipped. You caught ablaze. We managed to suffocate the flame." Syringe informed.

Taco's was horrified, her eyebrows lowered with a disgusted and horrified look.

Syringe glared at her coldly before looking away. "Why do I even bother notifying the subject... Take it away while I clean up this mess."

The small girl was removed from the table and dragged through the hallways. She was taken back to the cell from before. The dreadful click notified her that the cable had clipped around her ankle again.

She realized just how much her breath was shaking as the door shut and silence filled the air. She couldn't move still. But she could tell her face was burnt, and see parts of her arms. The burning was bad. The smell of the blood sizzling and burning was disgusting and Taco grimaced in both pain and disgust.

All she could do was let out her tears and hope this agony would end soon.

At least she had someone to blame for this mess. It all could've been avoided if whoever came to her house that night just left her and her parents alone.

The blood.

The screams.

The lies.

The betrayal.

The loss.

It all could have been avoided.

She let her legs curl in and the tears roll down her face. She could feel the light drain from her eyes as she realized that... Nobody was coming to save her. She was all alone again. All she did was ruin lives anyway right...?

Hope was fleeting out of her like cold air through an open door in the summer. She felt so lost. She always knew what to do. Had a plan, or a course of action. A path to take. Her life was in her hands. But... Now it wasn't. Now it was in the hands of everyone else's.