Ark 2, Chapter 38: Discovery.

TW: GUNS

———

Lightbulb, Earring, and Nickel were flying on Baxter's Back. Now close to the hotel. Balloon was still very slowly regenerating safe inside Nickel's claws. However, Nickel was not happy about something.

"So... You're telling me you took my 14 year old brother... To a mission you knew would be dangerous?! REGARDLESS IF WE WERE THERE OR NOT?!" Nickel screamed with rage.

Lightbulb, sweating, shrugged nervously. "I didn't really think—!"

"YOU DIDN'T THINK! THATS THE FUCKING PROBLEM!!!" Nickel snapped.

"I'm sorry!" Lightbulb frowned.

"GUYS. Please stop..." Earring muttered as he held onto Baxter.

The rest of fly was silent. Nobody had anything to say... other then Balloon's cries of pain. That were becoming more audible, through frequent coughing of blood.

———

Paper was sitting at the complaints desk, next to OJ. He didn't really feel like sitting in the crowded kitchen filled with panicking objects, and his room was too far away from the doors to keep watch. So he sat in the lobby with OJ.

OJ was messing around on his phone.

Paper didn't bother looking at what he was doing. He was just more worried about Balloon. After all, he thought of Balloon as his kid. Balloon always came to him for things. He could tell Balloon thought he only cared because he 'had' to. Which wasn't true.

Balloon frequently came to him to vent about things, Paper was usually busy, so he sounded accidentally dismissive. Balloon had the worst luck when it came to talking to people, and making friends.

His life was so unfortunate, he was surprised Balloon has managed to hold up this strong so far. But he knew if something wasn't done he'd quickly fall apart. Sadly, therapy was completely off the table.

He then heard a loud sound from outside and the ground shake slightly. OJ got concerned and dropped his phone. He then placed the bandages around his torso and ran towards the door. Paper followed and Looseleaf was watching from behind.

OJ opened the door to see Nickel, Lightbulb, and Earring about to reach the door. OJ sighed. "You guys look... uh... Freaked out, what happened?" He asked.

Nickel removed the claw on top of Balloon.

OJ saw his mutilated form and had to grab onto the door frame for support. Holy shit.

Paper's eyes widened.

Nickel looked incredibly worried, his purple claws now looked more red than anything...

Paper rushed the both of the inside and towards the medical room. Which was through the kitchen. People gasped, and muttered things, all of which were ignored.

When they entered the room. Paper set him down on a bed.

Tissues perked up from the other side of the room. "What the...?" He said from the other side of the room.

"Tissues. Out." Paper growled.

"What?! Bu—!"

"OUT NOW." Paper screamed.

Tissues sighed, and pushed himself off the bed. And left the room. Not without sneezing though.

Paper began to examine Balloon. Every single movement caused the poor boy pain. Crunching from the shards of bone colliding made Paper's teeth grind.