Chapter thirteen: a much needed assurance

"Taehyung stop what are you doing"

"I am leaving"

Guilt was the only emotion Taehyung perceived, abandoning him from his surroundings in search of a quick escape from his misdeeds. His actions halted when he felt a strong grip on his wrist.

"You can't, you need to rest"
Jimin tried dragging him back to the bed but Taehyung was rooted at his place not moving an inch, he fished out his hand from jimin's grasp.

"I want to leave please don't force me to stay, I shouldn't be near you. It's better for me to leave"

"What nonsense are you sprouting taehyung and why can't you be here"

Worried lines appeared on jimin's face being insufficient in decoding the words taehyung was blabbering.

"Can't you see the way I hurt you look at your arm jimin i-it's swollen, I did this to the person who was only helping me. I really failed in becoming a better person for you. I-"

Jimin held him firmly, silencing him by putting a finger on his lips.

"Don't blame yourself for things you haven't done, this isn't swollen because of you it is because I was pulled up from the lift and the time when you pushed me, you were not in your right state of mind."

"No this is because of me, I harmed you"

Although jimin's words were correct and logical taehyung wasn't in a state to accept that. He tried to wiggle out from the strong grip but halted on seeing the soft yet strong gaze of jimin.

"If you wanted to harm me, you wouldn't save me when the lift was about to fall, I know you can't hurt anyone so, stop accusing yourself for something you can't control."

Not wanting him to think more about those things jimin pulled him for a hug wrapping him tightly in his arms. Taehyung was relieved a little knowing he wasn't exactly the cause of his injury. His body calmed down, slowly allowing himself to fall in that embrace.

"Relax yourself for now"

He broke the hug taking the calmed boy back to bed. After helping him settle down, Jimin sat beside him on the stool. A few minutes passed but sleep was far away from taehyung's eyes, he was simply staring at the ceiling as if examining the material it was made off.

"Aren't you tired"

"Can't sleep, nightmares"

His voice sounded gloomy. Jimin was a little shocked by this revelation of the taller being a patient of 'Parasomnia' (a condition where a person can't sleep because of nightmares). Hiding his astonished expression, he patted taehyung's head, placing his fingers in taller's soft locks massaging his scalp.

"Just close your eyes and relax yourself. If you feel scared just tell me I am here"

This was the first time taehyung felt he wasn't alone, Jimin's eyes held the assurance he searched at the moment, a beautiful smile bloomed on his face. Jimin loved the way his eyes were shining, though he wouldn't admit openly but he missed this idiotic smile.