Chapter twenty: Guilty or not?

Success comes at the cost of hardwork, perseverance and resilience from all the hate protruded towards you. It takes everything to build a successful story worth listening to, but what if someone's speck of jealousy drags you to the edge where the next step is the end of everything you worked for? As jimin stepped forward he could feel the gazes lingering on him, the hallway resonated with whispering sounds of people discussing the hot topic of the day. Unaware of the events he walked towards the crowd, where he discovered a devastated couple crying badly while a bunch of seniors were analysing the situation. Sudden gasp were heard from some of them on seeing jimin, the whispers instantly increasing.

"I-is everything ok?" Jimin questioned noticing the stressful environment.

"You should be the last one to ask this, how could you make such a grave mistake Dr Jimin" one of the seniors retorted with a disappointed look. The crying lady lifted her gaze to glance at the culprit. She rushed to Jimin's side holding his collar giving him a murderous glare, her eyes were red and puffy from crying.

"Why did you do that, my daughter is in a critical condition I don't know if she would be safe or not." She jerked him sobbing badly, jimin clearly looked at the lady he was shocked when the realisation hit him like a truck. She was the same lady whose daughter he assisted yesterday, his heart pounded with nervousness, a sudden uneasiness crept inside him. Her husband held his wife looking furiously at jimin.

"We will not leave you for what you did to us, you don't deserve to be a doctor" the father yelled consoling his broken wife. Jimin was unable to understand the things happening with him as he checked carefully before advising them anything so what went wrong.

"This is your handwritten prescription right doctor jimin" his senior asserted showing him the paper. Jimin glanced at the paper desperately looking for any error, his eyes landed on the medicine written on it. A shiver ran down his spine on reading the medicine name.

"We thought you had a basic knowledge that any sort of high dose is not suggested in an early depression case." Senior spat angrily, he couldn't tolerate such a mistake from a renowned and talented doctor.

"The girl is suffering badly, having constant seizures and an abnormally fast heart rate."
Jimin constantly gazed at the words written on the prescription he couldn't believe that he made such an error.

"I-i don't kno-" he tried defending himself but was cut off in the middle by someone.

"I think he did it in overconfidence as he was being awarded he was too blinded by it to notice anything" it was none other than Hye Joon who jumped in between accusing jimin. The staff present there also agreed with the statement, some of them began to mock him although a few wanted to support him but kept mum as everything proved that the doctor did wrong. Jimin's eyes teared up at the allegation thrown at him. He knew his seriousness towards his profession, every inch of jimin warned him to retreat but he pushed back his weak side getting ready to defend himself.

"I didn't do anything wrong, i also know that i can't suggest such medication to anyone and to a small girl? never. About this prescription it could also be forged" jimin added trying his best to prove his point, he side eyed Hye joon who smirked looking at him, jimin at once knew he was getting framed purposely.

"Stop giving excuses for what you did, I even saw you were distracted by a phone call that day" patient's mother spoke remembering the day.

"If an award could make you so irresponsible Dr Jimin, then i don't think you deserve anything other than getting your medical practitioner licence cancelled" jimin was stunned by this statement his brain stopped functioning for a second trying to apprehend the words. It felt as if everything was getting snatched from him that too for a crime that he hasn't committed.