Chapter sixteen: Love and Comfort

"The warmth and happiness weren't meant for me"
Jimin's questions remained unanswered he rose up from the bed, a distressed expression appeared on his face. 'is he ok?' he hastily came downstairs, took the car keys and sat inside the car. He picked up his phone to call someone. The call was connected after a few rings.

"Hey Jimin"

"Hello Namjoon hyung can I get taehyung's address i want to meet him"

"Ok sure, I am forwarding it to you in 5 minut-"

"Thank you so much bye"
Jimin didn't let him complete his words, starting his car he drove off to the exact location. It took an hour to reach his place, parking his car he rushed out towards the door ringing the bell but no one opened the door. He tried turning the door knob which opened with a click. Walking inside he searched for the boy, when his gaze fell on the room upstairs, lights were on indicating someone's presence there. Jimin walked towards the room and knocked on the door.

"Taehyung it's me Jimin, open the door" jimin used his calm tone not wanting to scare the boy. He stood there nervously tapping his feet on the floor it's been 5 minutes since he was calling taehyung's name.

"Taehyung are ok? should i leave if you want to be alone."

Jimin prayed to get any response from the other.
"You can come" a barely audible voice came from the other side, if it wasn't the silence surrounding the house jimin wouldn't be able to hear anything from him. Without wasting a second, jimin barged in the room where his eyes fell on the person sitting beside the bed, his gaze focused on the broken sunflowers in his hands.

"Taehyung are ok?"

"My dad's words won't affect me that much but they are broken" taehyung smiled sadly and raised his hands to show them to jimin.

"I am sorry."

Jimin could see the pain in his eyes.

"It's not your fault taehyung"

Taehyung's mind strongly wanted to accept that but isn't it his fault that his dad did that, he instigated him after all.

"What if i do not deserve happiness like you said"

"You can't decide what you deserve or not. Everyone deserves to be happy and trust me taehyung, you deserve the world."

Jimin cupped his face but taehyung was still struggling to put the flowers back together. Jimin walked near him and sat on his knees, he stopped taehyung's actions taking the flower from him.

"No need to do that, I'll get you new ones, tae"
Jimin said comforting the other not caring for the nickname that just slipped out of his mouth. Taehyung fixed his gaze at jimin looking at him fondly. His mother used to call him tae and hearing it from jimin made his heart feel at ease.

"Promise?" Taehyung mumbled as if searching for confirmation that jimin would not leave him like his mom.

"Promise"
Although Jimin was oblivious to what exactly he was promising but if it included to heal this specific boy he had no objections. Taehyung wrapped his arms around the smaller engulfing him in a bear hug, Jimin's lips curved into a beautiful smile reaching his eyes while ruffling his hairs, he hugged him back. The hug felt like a serotonin boost to both of them, it felt safe. They both felt like they were lost pieces of each other that fit together perfectly.

 They both felt like they were lost pieces of each other that fit together perfectly