The Leaving and the returning

With Lain's car all fixed up and with a full tank on Earl she can get to the campus Walter is still time and she's out of the Inn as he got out of her car Meggie was testing it out yesterday.

Earl: here you go Lain all tuned up and ready to go.

Lain: thanks hope you better take care of Lorena while I'm away.

Earl: me and Maggie will take care of her while you still have a degree to earn.

Lain: we'll be back on Thanksgiving break.

Earl: we will be waiting.

Then without further delay Lain get into her car and drove out of town.

Couple of weeks later instead of night what seems to be transport trucks arrived at all six Cybria and took what they came here for and those like Earl have noticed it around noon.

Earl: hope it's just a pickup and nothing too sinister.

Maggie:Yech and the less Lain know about the better.

As Thanksgiving break came Lain did returned as promise even though she may not know it now but Lorena is a very extraordinary Girl, artificial or not but Earl and Maggie were the first to find out with her spelling at first birthday never mentioned the strange Vans to Lain.

Not long after Lain left when Thanksgiving break came to an end girl meets with who seems to be a private eye at the road side Cafe near the local Cemetery.

Earl: thanks for coming Dave.

Dave: well I looked up but I can about the knight Corporation and it only rumor and speculation.

Earl: I'll take what I can get.

Dave: well the Knights before going Underground Without a Trace is a tech and computer company rumor has it they had project approved by the government on VR and what you have mentioned artificial life forms sounds like something from the dark web blogs.

Earl:Well that what our friend gave birth two and I don't want her no these things as long as I can.

Dave: well I can understand that your town is the only one five and told to be precise were the other four are not found on any map.

Earl: I see well thank for time.

Dave: I only did my best.

And after that they part ways.

Ovalsan:And that was it.