2:1 | part 1

ATLANTA GA, 7:57am.
                       ___________________

                                AALIYAH JONES

I was a lil late for school but I got there before the first bell rung, I met Khelani in my first period and she told me some news I never wanted to hear

"I have to tell you something liyah" She said and I lifted my head up from my paper "me and Melo are dating" She said smiling "You and who?" I said raising my eyebrow "Me and Romelo Hill, are dating" She said "good for youuu friend" I said frantically "what's wrong?" She said "nun im chillin and happy for you" I said turning my head back to my paper "well..okay" she said doing the same.

The bell rung, I grabbed my backpack and walked out the classroom to go find Dalia so we can walk to our next classes together since they where across from each other.

"Aye, Dalia" I said running up to her "huh?" She said looking behind her "Did you know Khelani and Romelo date" I said "Khelani Rodgers???" She said surprisingly "yess" I said. We talked about it until we made it to our classes, I walked in class and sat down. Since me and Romelo have the same class for third period I thought about what I was gonna say to confront him about what Khelani said. I don't like Melo but I know Khelani has dated the whole ninth grade and as his best friend I don't want him to be with a bop. The bell finally rung and I rushed out the classroom to find Nelson because him and Melo are always together.

"Melo, you and Khelani date??" I said as I stepped in front of him "yeah why?" He said "you datin lani?" Nelson said getting hype "do you know she date everybody" Nelson said "exactly nels" I said dapping him up as he dapped me up back "I don't care what neither one of y'all say to be honest" He said "why would you wanna date a bop?" I said popping my neck back "do what make you happy though" I also said walking away because I wasn't finna deal with him. I got to third period, usually me and Melo sat together but I wasn't feeling it today. He tried to text me during class but I just ignored it since he wanna mess around with bops.

ATLANTA GA, 10:50am.
__________________

Two periods later I met Dalia in the halls so we could go to lunch. When I found her she was talking to her boyfriend Justin  "you ready liyah?" She said as she seen me walking up to her "if you are" I said "I'll talk to you later Justin" She said as he shook his head and we walked away "you and Melo talked?" She said "yeah, but talking to him was like talking to a brick wall!" I said laughing as she laughed to and we laughed the whole way to the cafeteria.

"You eatin?" I said "nope the food look disgusting" She said making a face "exactly" I said making the same face. We sat down and talked about our game Saturday, etc. Lunch was over and as we where walking to our next class we ran into Dani which is rare because she's in the eleventh grade "what y'all doing?" Dani said "walking to sixth period" Dalia said "dang I feel bad for y'all I'm going to lunch, but I'll see y'all at practice later" She said "byeee" Me and Dalia said walking away. We made it to class and sat down in our seats.

"Today everyone has to finish their test, so i suggest y'all start it now" The teacher said "I never even started" Dalia said as she raised her hand "yes miss Hines?" The teacher said "can I go use the bathroom?" She said "You should've thought about using the bathroom before you came to class" The teacher said with a sarcastic smile on her face then turning to the board.

Dalia rolled her eyes and opened her chromebook and started her test, then I did the same. I didn't have much questions left so I was done pretty fast. When Delia finished her test we had a conversation about random things that has been going on until the bell rung. Me and her had the last two period's together as well so we did the same thing in each class.

After school Lavar called me "hello?" I said "you comin to Melo house after you leave practice?" He said in the speaker "I guess so" I said shrugging my shoulders "ight, be safe luh sis" he said as he hung up the phone "Was that Romelo?" My sister Alease said "Nope" I said putting my phone back in my bag "Speaking of romelo momma can you take me to his house when you pick me up from practice?" I said "why you going over there?" She said "Dalia, Khelani & kendoll are gonna be there" I said rolling my eyes "alright.." She said.

I got to practice and everybody was still warming up. Practice lasted 2 hours and half of the time me and Dalia did a rematch on our 1v1.

"I told my mom I was ridin with you to Melo house" Dalia said "girl, okay" I said shaking my head and rolling my eyes. We walked outside and got in my moms car "heyy Mrs. Jones" Dalia said smiling "hey Dalia." My mom said with a straight face "Mrs Jones you know I'm your favorite don't front" Dalia said as her and my mom started laughing.

_____________________________________

We got to Melo's house and Cam opened the door. When we walked in there where about 6 girls not been our age, everybody greeted us and we sat down on the couch across for everybody.

"Y'all tryna play truth or dare?" Lavar said "Lavar ain't you like 36 you shouldn't be playin truth or dare" I said "I'm not no damn 36 luh girl" He said as everybody laughed "come on let's play this game" Romelo said.

                            Atlanta Ga, Friday.

Next part coming soon.