Chapter 32

The day ended as we all took our last sips of the fine pink wine. Its sweetness and signature taste lasted long on my tongue. We shared the whole bottle but it is enough the drive us drunk, well, not exactly drunk.

The room is now darkly lit and we all fell asleep, and don’t even bother thinking about returning to our own rooms, we’re pretty much under the circumstances of doing such thing. So we sleep in the room. Mara, Patricia and Joy took the couch, and poor Mark, he’s all alone sleeping on the floor. And me? Well let’s say that this night is yet the most emotional, the most enjoyable night that I had ever had.

This I can say because Adam and I shared the same bed, yes, I know that I’m being such a naughty girl for wanting to have both Adam and Mark, but this time it’s different, this time, I remembered why I chose Adam the first place, this time, I regret that I wanted to be close to Mark, because I now realize that Adam is the right guy for me.

Right now, my back is against his body, his hand is tightly wrapped around my waist and I rest my palms on his hand, he tenses a bit and I realize that he isn’t exactly asleep. And when he tenses, I got that tinkling sensation up on my spine. His body is warm and when I move a bit to my left or right, I could feel the curves of his body. I then close my eyes and I could feel that as if my body becomes one with his. His breath is steady and I could also feel his heartbeat, nice and steady. Then what surprised me most is that he lowers his body a bit and rest his chin on my shoulders, then he moves his neck a bit to the front, just enough to let his lips touch my neck. I grunt in excitement, but of course I try to keep my voice low so I don’t wake my friends up. He keeps kissing me, from the neck down to the shoulders then back up to my neck, moving up until he touches the back of my ear with his lips, finishing off by touching my cheek with his lips. He then pulled back slowly, still hugging me he whispered something to my ears.

              “Can you truly be honest with me?” He whispered

I was surprised as his whisper turns out to show some fragility in his voice, and that shows the sexiness of his voice. And the part where he asked for honesty from me actually makes my heart skipped a bit. Am I blown? Did he know that I’m hiding something from him? And if he does, how did he know?

              “Yeah, sure, why?” I hesitate to answer his question

              “Because I want to ask you about something”

              “Well, I think that can wait”

I wanted to get out of this situation. I’m now thinking how, I’m stalling his question. And simply, all my thoughts are now useless; I can’t get away from this position. Not with him. His arms are locked with mine, and to leave this position means that I have to either ask him nicely to get his hands off me or I could struggle my way out. The first choice, asking him to get his hands off me would probably make him think that I’m not enjoying this moment, which I actually am enjoying, so, no, bad idea. The second choice which sounded obvious of me isn’t a good idea either, I don’t think that I’ll barely make it, so I did the obvious, and the only way someone like me would do it. It’s called stalling. I put his hands of mine, and rolled over so my nose meets with his, eye to eye, and I can see that his eyes are alert but relaxed, his hands are now on my back and pushing me even closer to him, then he loosen his grip, letting me go. I thought this was over. But no, he unbuttoned his shirt and pulled it off, his body is covered with sweat, like he’s been running, but no, this time it’s not because of doing sports, this time it’s because of me. His body is just beautiful, no scars, nothing, just bare skin which is masculine. His hands returns to my back and he tensed up again, pushing our bodies against each other, then he kisses me on the lips, his hands are no longer holding my back, it’s now holding my hips, then my waist. Adrenaline rushes through my bloodstream and I put more pressure to his lips, putting a little bit of magic on the kiss and I started sweating, just like him. My body feels so hot.

My hands are now wrapped on his neck and we keep on kissing and kissing. I then pulled back, and tears are forming on my eyes, and I shook my head, Adam releases his hands from my waist and I rest my head on his chest. I feel and heard his heart beating, his heartbeat is faster than before, and I know mine is also much faster.

              “umm…. Well that was … sorry…” Adam said.

              “eh? No… don’t be sorry… it was... amazing.”

              “I wanted to ask you something, but you have to promise me to be honest no matter what the answer is”

              “Got it…”

              “Well okay… umm… why did you stop?”

              “Stop? Stop what?”

              “Stopped kissing me.”

              “I was afraid that we would be in a situation.”

              “What kind of situation?”

              “Button-loop claps a button kind of situation”

Adam then smiles and shakes his head, and made out a sigh.

              “Believe me, we are far from that situation”

              “I’m just making sure, that’s all” I said.

              “Ah!”

              “So that’s all that you wanted to ask me about?”

              “No. The other question is that, what happened between you and Mark in your dream?”

              “Nothing” I said quickly.

              “I want to know the truth Sydney.” Adam demands

              “You don’t deserve to know.”

              “That’s what I thought… Thanks so much for the honesty!” he said sarcastically.

              “Adam…”

Before I finished saying, he holds one hand up and stopped me.

              “It’s okay… forget about it” He said.

Then he turns his back on me and sleep. I did the same but I can’t sleep, not with him just knowing what happened, and what actually got me the most is that, how did he know?