Chapter 26

I woke up finding myself sleeping on my back. Adam was sitting next to me, while my three best friends are standing behind him, their eyes wide open staring at me.

              “What?” I asked. Trying to sit.

              “You were talking while sleeping.” Mara said. “Let me guess, having another vision?”

              I rolled my eyes, “What do you think?” I asked her in a tone that shows that I’m trying to piss her off.

My other two friends burst out laughing and Adam can’t help but smile. And then it hit me, if I was talking, what did I say? Did I say that oh, I am in love with you, Mark? Because if I did, I don’t know what to say to Adam.

              “So, what is it about?” Joy asked with full enthusiasm, which causes all eyes on her. “What? It’s about the future I need to know what she dreamt; we can’t possibly keep running forever.”

              “Relax, I didn’t see you guys in the vision, just I did see Adam.”

              “So, who is the Mark you keep saying?” Adam asked. I’m might not be good at reading people’s expression, but I know something was terribly off with his tone of speaking.

              “Why?” I asked. “Is that jealousy I hear?”

              “Well, it’s not totally jealousy, we are supposed to be a couple, and I didn’t want you dreaming of somebody else, nonetheless, dating him.”

              “I won’t date him” I said.

              “So, why did you say, I love you Mark?”

              “There’s some scientific explanation about that”

              “No there isn’t, you’re in love with him, and the moment when he says he loves you too, I’ll just be somebody that you used to know.” I could see his face tensioning and my friends face are just pure with terror that he is going to kick me out of this house.

              “Well, you totally forgot” I said to him

              “What?”

              “That I’m in love with the guy in my dream and you totally forgot that I’m still in love with you” I said.

              “We all have dreams, your friends here I suppose must have dreamt about boys they want to date, I’ve dreamt about girls, but you don’t have dreams, you have visions and every now and then, they all came true.”

              “Adam, trust me, I’m loyal, and I don’t break up with boys after I saw somebody who is handsome.”

He looks at me for a while then nods.

              “I’m trained to tell whether somebody is lying or not.” He said. “And you’re not.”

He kisses me on the forehead then to my right cheek. He retracts and stands up. He wipes his hands on his jeans and said, “It’s time to get ready.”

              “Well, it’s about time.” Mara said in an annoyed tone. I seriously don’t know what’s wrong with her.

              “For what?” I asked.

              “We’re going to your place.” Adam said.

              “Oh”

So now he wants to go to my place? Which either means my parents are either dead or undead. I followed them and got changed.

When I got out of the room, Adam is looking hot as ever, he wears a black v-neck t-shirt and dark blue jeans, and I realized I was wearing the same thing. We went downstairs into the garage, Mara and Patricia entered a coupe while the three of us entered the convertible. He drove almost immediately and he drove the route that I known, destination, my house. Estimated time of arrival, 35 minutes. My heart starts pounding as we got closer to the house. I saw nothing, no cars just my dad’s, no car belonging to any agents, no signs of ambush, nothing. Everything was calm and was the way it was. But there was something, I saw the terror in the eyes of the people that we passed, they might not show it on their faces, but it’s on their eyes. I’ve never had any vision of this happening, so all that I can do is hope that everything was normal.

Adam parked the car behind my dad’s and Mara parked behind us.

              “You wanted this, so go ahead.” Adam said

              “But you said that this was suicide.” I said.

              “We weren’t thinking clearly at that time.” Mara kicked in. I realized that the car has been somehow linked to the other so that whatever we said here could be heard there. Wired.

              “What do you mean?” I asked. “Is this part of the plan?”

              “Yes and no.” Mara said. “We realized that they won’t kill you, the wanted to use you, so if they kill you, they got no one else to use, so they must take you to the headquarters if they caught you somewhere.”

              “And the plan is to make me got caught?”

              “Yes.”

I got out of the car and casually walked into the house, everything was terribly off. My mom was strapped into a seat and my dad, well, he’s dead.

I cry out loud, tears welling up in my eyes, I walk towards my mother who has been woken up by my crying. As I walk towards her, she began to cry too, I fall to my knees and I reached for her hands.

              “Mom…” That’s all I could manage.

              “Sydney, be strong.”

Then I heard a loud bang behind me, I was shocked and my mom was dead, shot right on the head, and the bullet just missed me by several millimeters, I turned and I saw the agent that just took my mom’s life away. Her eyes were as cold as ice, dark as anything that I could ever imagine. I plunged myself at her, trying to get revenge, she fell and she tried to wrestle me.

              “Careful, don’t get her killed!” I heard from the earpiece of hers.

Apparently, what my friends said are true. I punched her, she punches me back, how dare she. With the tears welling up my eyes, I was able to take her gun; I aim it at her, and shot her. She’s dead. I breathe heavily, and several agents storm in the house gun aimed ready at me.

              “On the ground and hands on your head now!” Someone ordered me.

I did what he asked me to do, because somehow, this is all part of the plan.

A man comes toward me and drugged me, nothing happens for five minutes and the guns are still aimed at me even they won’t fire whatever the situations are. Five minutes pass and vision goes black. I was asleep, safe and sound. Well, not exactly safe and sound.