Chapter 25

We have been on the run for at least an hour, but it felt just like minutes, Adam’s still carrying me, and he’s still running, trying to keep up with my friends in front of him. We reached his house in no time, he settles me down and my friends steadied me, he walks inside the house and yet another scanner went out of the wall requesting him to scan his fingerprint, and his retina. I never thought that his house would have something as sophisticated as this.

After he’s done everything, he went into the house, we followed. He gestures us to move inside first leaving him behind, he shuts the door and followed us. He led us upstairs and I swear every single part of my body is burning, telling me to stop, telling me that I couldn’t get upstairs, but again, I didn’t want to show them that I’m weak, I want to tell them that I have something within me, and I’m ready to fight for it, and that thought has made me strong, although every single step up the stairs make me feel like wanting to die, all I did was grit my teeth and slowly make up my way up.

Reaching the top was like winning a glorious battle, I shouted with joy as I reached the top, my friends faces all forms a great smile, as if they’re sharing my happiness.

Adam entered  a room, inside the room was as good as what’s inside the four-season presidential suite, everything was perfect. He told me to change, and he left me with my friends. I did what he asked me to, I picked a night gown and wore it.

Few minutes after I finished changing, he entered the room, his eyes fixed on me. I managed a smile and he smiled back, seeing him smile makes me forget about whatever is happening. His smile is hypnotizing.

He gestures a signal which tells us to get out of the room, we did get out, and he led us downstairs. My friends didn’t go downstairs but they went to their rooms, to change their clothes perhaps. So the both of us went downstairs and I can see is on the dining table is five plates of ribs with a jug of water in the middle. Each seat having empty glasses.

He sits in one of the chairs, the middle one. I took a seat nearest to him. Soon enough, my friends appeared wearing their night gown. Mara took a sit in front of me making that me and her nearest to Adam. Joy sits beside me and Patricia sits across her. Adam led us on a prayer, and after he’s finished with that, we dig in like we haven’t eaten for a year.

The ribs was damn delicious that I wanted more, even if the whole plate could actually be eaten by three people, and me eating alone meaning I’m hungry enough that I could eat something like that. I finished first and I saw that my friends and Adam are just halfway through.

              “Well, you sure are a fast-eater.” Adam Joked. “What? Are you hungry or something?”

              “Well, yeah, I’ve not eaten for hours and I’m desperately hungry, not to mention sleepy.”

              “You could go up and sleep first if you like.” Mara said.

I didn’t say anything, I just nod. I went upstairs, into my room and sit on the bed. I took a long deep breathe, inhale, and exhale. Then I turned off the lights and I could tell you that before my head even hits the pillow, I’m already sleeping.

Several hours have past and I didn’t dream. That’s a good thing. Wait, is it several hours, or is it just minutes feeling like hours? Damn. I started dreaming.

In my dream, I was back in a cave with just Adam and a boy and a girl. Where we are being chased by hundreds, maybe thousands of agents. My back was still on the back of the cave, Adam’s hands on my hips, he leans in and kisses me, and adrenaline gushes through me making my heart skips several beats, and he didn’t stop, he keep on pressing his lips to mine, he moves down and he kisses my neck, he held me even tighter and I didn’t want it to stop, but I do. Not right now, that’s all I think. We have a boy and a girl who I didn’t know and they’re staring at us as if we are in a movie and they’re watching it. I reluctantly push him and I didn’t say anything, neither did he. His eyes look into mine and my eyes did all the talking, his too. He nods and walked away from me. I walk towards the boy and sit beside me.

              “Hi” is all I could manage. “How are you doing?” Well, that was stupid enough to ask.

              “We’re being chased by hundreds of thousands of agents, how you think I’m handling all this?” he asked me. “And you could just do all that with him in the middle of this?”

              “Sorry about that” I apologize. “So what’s your name?”

He bit his lips when I asked that question than looked down, thinking whether he could trust me. It’s just a name, damn it, we are dead meat anyway, so why don’t you just tell me, like anything is going to happen if you do that. Then he looked at me, and I could see every physical appearance of his face. PERFECT. Gorgeous and last Dangerous. His eyes brown, but I couldn’t make any brown color on earth that has the exact color of it. His hair, brown, eyebrow brown and I’m totally in love with his skin tone. And right now I’m praying, good God, please help me. I don’t want to fall in love with him, because I have Adam. What will I do? Then I looked down, not a good thing too, he only got his v-neck t-shirt with jeans on him and that t-shirt is a body fit which totally attracts my attention, I could see his body muscular and fit, everything, he’s just gorgeous. Damn it, why should he be so attractive, but I know I don’t stand a chance since I saw the way he looked at the girl, who is pretty, she’s taller than me, green eyes, brown hair, tan skin.

              “Mark” He said.

              “What?” I asked

              “You can call me Mark”

              “Oh.” That’s all I could manage to speak, I wanted to say more though.