Chapter 17

I turned the shower off and I dried myself with a towel. I found a bathrobe hanging by the wall and I put it on. Funny because it fits me. Adam’s mom is taller and bigger than me so I find it rather weird that the bathrobe fits me. I stepped into a room which happens to be my wardrobe, full of my clothes. I put on a bodysuit which I found lying on a couch. Imagine that there’s a couch in the middle of your wardrobe.

I took the bathrobe off revealing a bruise located a bit below the right collarbone of mine. I never realised that there’s that bruise and from the colour I know that it must have been for several weeks now. I then realised that it must have been for weeks that I hadn’t seen myself in the mirror.

I slip on the bodysuit and covered my body with the bathrobe and stepped out of the wardrobe. I found Adam sitting outside. He’s wearing an outfit which is all black as if he’s going to a black tie party. He saw me and stood up.

              “You’re wearing that?” He asked

              “What?” I asked back

              “We’re going out”          

              “Oh no! I’m so not…..”

              “I meant going out to get some food.” He added

              “Oh, why should we do that?”

              “Can’t you see? The dining table is nothing except a table?”

              “Oh, so we’re going out to get something to eat?”

              “What a clever girl” He said sarcastically

              “Thank you” I replied him

              “I was being sarcastic!

              “Who cares?” I replied and I instantly went back to the wardrobe. I pulled the bathrobe off so I’m wearing only a bodysuit next to nothing. Foolishly I pulled the bodysuit before I search for by bras and panties. The other stupid thing is I forgot to lock the door. No! I didn’t know how to!

I didn’t know where my bras and my panties are so I had to search the whole room. Adam then knocked at the door which means it must have taken me a long time and I still haven’t found my underwear.

              “I’m coming inside!” He sing song.

              “No! Adam! Don’t!” I reminded.

              “Whatever.” He pushed the door wide open and I rushed and squat behind the couch in a position which he won’t see me naked.

              “Oh my!” He squeals

              “Get out!” I screamed.

              “You could have told me!”

              “Why is it my fault!” I screamed “Anyway! Where is my underwear?”

              “It’s right there!” He pointed right towards a drawer. How could I not noticed that before?

              “Thanks, can you give me a moment?”

              “Sure you want me to stay inside?”

              “What?”

              “You know, stay inside this room?”

              “Pervert”

              “Fine! 5 minutes and I’m so leaving without you!” He reminded.

He closed the door and I rushed straight to the drawer put on my underwear and I quickly picked up a dress. A black dress to match his outfit, put on some make up. I’ve got no idea of what shoes should I wear so I decided to make up the time I have left. Two minutes. I know that there has to be shoes around here somewhere. I decided to open each visible cabinet and to my delight the first cabinet that I opened was full of shoes. Any kind of designer’s brand that you’d ever dreamt of wearing. I picked a Jimmy Choo and I know that it must be expensive and I had to handle it carefully not to break anything. I once more take a look at the mirror as I exited the room.

Just in time. Adam was still waiting outside, keys in his hands and he smiled as I walked out the room. He held my hand and I instantly jerked mine away. But his grip is too tight and he gave me a look that tells me that he wants this so bad and his eyes are looking at me as if it’s pleading me that he wants this. I don’t.

He then let my hands go and I can see in his face that he’s disappointed. He unlocks the car and we both stepped in. He started the engine and drives all the way to a shopping centre. It’s pack with a lot of people. And he easily find a parking spot. He shut the car engine down but didn’t step out, which makes me not to step out either.

              “Japanese, Thai, Western, American, Indonesian, or Chinese?” he asked.

              “What?” I replied. I seriously don’t understand what he’s offering.

              “Which restaurant?”

              “Oh!” I exclaimed. “Any other options?” I asked.

He rolled his eyes.

              “Which restaurant would you like to eat in?” He asked.

              “Which restaurant would you like to take me to?”

              “Take that as Japanese.” He smiled and stepped out of the car. I did so too.

We entered the mall and into the Japanese restaurant. We take our seat at one corner of the restaurant. The restaurant is packed with people and it’s damn difficult to find a waiter. Before we could order anything, the alarm goes off. Another yet horrifying emergency. I was so sick of hearing it I put on my headphones which is connected to my iPod. I turn the volume up and I couldn’t hear anything except the music playing. I could see Adam’s lips moving but I couldn’t make out any words he’s saying. I could sense that he’s screaming at the top of his voice and he’s trying to tell me something. But I couldn’t care less.

He pulled my headphones off and shouted in my ear a little bit too loud.

              “Fire emergency! Again!” He shouted

              “Whatever.”

We both rushed to the exit. And I went black after that.