Chapter 6

She drove almost immediately and she totally forgot about dad. Dad always hangs at the coffee shop whatever the coffee shop is, Starbucks, Coffee Bean, Costa, whatever, he always has the habit of drinking coffee everywhere.

              “Mom… you totally forgot,” I reminded her

              “Forgot what?” She looks at me while she is driving. Could her driving be more dangerous? She didn’t pay attention to the road as much as she’s paying attention to me.

              “About dad! You left him in that stupid hospital”

              “Dang it!” she complained

Instead of turning around back to the hospital, she kept on driving, heading home.

              “Mom, aren’t you suppose to make a u-turn here?”

              “What for?” she asked me

              “To get dad?”

              “He’ll be home when we get there?”

              “And when is that exactly?” I asked her

              “What do you mean when?”

              “When are we going to be home?” I asked her

              “We’ll get there when we get there” she’s now mad at me.

              “Just believe and never doubt about what you believe” She said.

Something tells me that she knows something that I don’t. What’s actually going on with me, but instead of asking her, I’ve decided to just stay quiet. I decided to let her tell me first, I’ll just have to wait for the right moment in finding the truth.

I’m good at doing everything. Anything. However, I’m mad as hell when it comes to making decisions. I simply just flunked at making decisions especially important decisions. But this could be a change. This could probably the first time I’ve made a good decision. Well, that’s what I thought, not for long. Curiosity is killing me, my heart wanted to know what is actually happening with me, but some part of me tells me not to do it now. Something deep in my heart, the deepest part actually, told me that this isn’t the right moment to bring up this topic. My mother just spent $521 on a doctor who almost killed me. Besides, she’s showing the fierce side of her by driving so fast that she broke the speed limit and could make a new world record for the fastest driving. She normally cruises at only 40 to 60 Kilometres per Hour but now she’s driving to 140 to 160 kilometres per hour. She’s insane.

She didn’t stop at the traffic light which causes me to shut my eyes. Not a good decision by me either. As soon as I shut my eyes, the sound of sirens flood the night again, my mom was driving so recklessly that it has led to a police –car high-speed chase. I opened my eyes at the sound of that and I turned to my mom.

She stepped on the gas pedal trying to outrun the police. I widen my eyes, not because I was in a shock that she could ever broke any law, well, I got to use to that since she broke at least a law every single day, but because never in my life I expected to see her like this. Never had I thought that she could be this appealing. Her appealing was lethal. She was showing that she could be fierce. She was so calm that I can still see the feminine side of her.

She finally did it, she outrun the police. Moreover, when it is near to our house, she only then started breaking and started driving slowly.

We stepped out of the car and to our; no to my surprise, I saw dad suddenly appeared out of thin air. He is still holding his cup of latte, and holding a newspaper looking confused at where he is now.

              “How did I get here?” he asked

              “Yes… Mom, how did he get here?” I asked

I was looking forward to some sort of explanation but all she did was giggled than pull me into the house, leaving my dad outside to solve his mystery.

She pushes a part of the wall, and I just realized that it was actually a secret door. She shoved me inside and tied me to a bed. All my legs, my hands, my body was strapped with some kind of string. This is permanently attached to the bed. Therefore, there is no way I could get out of this place.

              “Um… Mom, why are you doing this?” I asked her with confusion

              “I’m doing this for your own good.” She answered me “So that you won’t kill yourself again”

I get it now, she had always had this room prepared, and she had suspected it coming. This coming, this curse, gift whatever. She knew about this all along, but she did not tell me. Before I could ask her, she stepped out of the room, leaving me alone in darkness.