Chapter 27

I woke up finding myself lying on bed in a room. Small tiny holes cover up 3 sides of the room, while on one side it’s a mirror. A camera that captures every move I make hangs at one corner of the room.

              “Glad that you’re finally awake.” A voice said through one of the holes. I realize then, that the holes are filled with speakers. They can hear anything I say and I can hear them if they pushed a button and speak through a microphone. “You got two choices here. You may willingly cooperate with us, or we will force you to cooperate with us.”

Hearing what he said makes me angry. Being someone nice is always one thing to me, but being a rebel has also always been another. I moved the table that was in the middle of the room almost below the camera, I brought with me a chair and climbed on top of the table. I swung the chair with all my might as if I’m hitting a baseball, but I was hitting the camera instead. Bam! My hit was precise, right on the spot. The camera busted into millions of pieces, glass shattered below and around me.

In a few minutes, guards scrambled into the room, grabbing me from the table, setting the room back, the table, the chair. They settled me on the chair and handcuffed me to it.

Sitting isn’t the hard part, convincing whoever is behind the mirror that I won’t cooperate no matter what is the hard part.

              “What a show that was.” A voice said again “Unfortunately, it was nothing.”

Few minutes pass, nothing happened. Silence is all that is in the room. 10 minutes, 20, 30 minutes passed.

The door creaks open, a young man came in, someone familiar. Mark, from the vision. He looks just like what I’ve seen from the vision. Another young man followed him in, Adam. Adam’s face is as usual, handsome, confident, alert, not to mention looking dangerous as ever.

Mark circled around the room while Adam stood across me, staring at me, not viciously, but alert. Mark came closer to me and silently opened my cuffs; he held my hand in position, telling me not to move an inch. Mark moves besides Adam, and my hands are still behind the chairs. Adam moves next to the door, hands on the handle. He let out a sigh and the next thing that happen is very incredible, that I didn’t know how. It’s like it has been planned for a long time. Well, it’s Adam, so it is actually normal.

After he let out his sigh, an explosion happened. A loud boom came from outside the room, triggering the fire and smoke sensors. Light that once was white is now glaring red, as the sign of get out or you die. Doors opened automatically, and we rushed out.

Adam led the way as Mark and I followed him, this could be my very own perfect escape. I thought the plan was perfectly planned, flawless as usual. Because Adam is as always flawless in everything. I followed without hesitating, yet.