Chapter 1

Monday, March 20 2017

I woke up early in the morning, went straight into the shower, got dressed, drank my milk, ate my breakfast and turned on my Mac, no, I TRIED to turn it on but thanks to the late Steve Jobs, my Mac won’t start

I quickly ran downstairs and quickly walked my way to school. I entered the library and power up the computer, it took a long time to boot and I made a decision that if it won’t finish booting in a few minutes, I could have thrown the damn computer out of the window. Unfortunately, I didn’t. I quickly opened the browser and typed in the cold war in the search bar and pressed enter. Dozens of search results flooded my page and I clicked a link that directs me to a website called Wikipedia. Since there wasn’t time I quickly just copied everything up and paste it to the slides. I was so relieved that I got it all done until somebody appeared behind me. I don’t know who that person is but from his reflection from the monitor, I could see that he couldn’t be shorter than 6 foot tall. I tried to carry on with my work but I can’t, it’s like I’m frozen and I couldn’t help but looking at his reflection.

              “Curiosity kills the cat”, I murmured to myself, and I can see from the monitor, he has raised one of his eyebrows. I can’t help it and I murmured to myself again “This isn’t you, you can do this, he’s just here to disturb you”, so I turned around only to find myself frozen again. No words can come out from my mouth when I see his face, he has this beautiful deep-blue eyes, his face unblemished, and from his body I can tell that he worked out a lot, and I closed my eyes and say to myself, “You will never ever get distracted.” I opened my eyes only to find that he is studying me, I shrieked and he pulled back instantly.

              “Why did you that for?” I yelled at him

              “Did what?”

              “Well you know”

              “WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!” he started yelling

              “NEVER MIND!”  I want to be angry angry angry, but that just couldn’t happen; I couldn’t find the voice to be angry.

“Sorry about that, I never wanted to do that but I just got curious” he said          

I was hoping he would leave me alone after I shouted at him, but instead he decided to play nice, be friendly, and I thought damn!, he won’t leave me alone, won’t he?

“About what?” just get on with it! You’re interrupting me here! Can’t you see?

“Well you know….. BTW you’re copying your work from Wikipedia? That’s so not cool”

WHO CARES WHAT YOU THINK that is what I wanted to say

“It’s called an emergency”

“Well good luck with that, class starts in five minutes, and I’ll see you around”

And I realise that he was right! SHOOT! I have to save my work, turned off the computer, and run to my class before the teacher arrives, and according to my calculation, I wouldn’t make it and I would be late, therefore I’ll be sent to the detention and I won’t be able to do the test. And I yelled, “PLEASE LET ME GET THERE BEFORE THE TEACHER DOES!” and amazingly, I did, it took me just 1 minute to get there, which I find it odd, but who cares? I got here on time.

I entered the class and I immediately froze and my eyes widen when I saw him again, it was the same guy who I met in the library, he’s in my class. First period --- History. There was no seat left for me except beside him.