Chapter 7

I slept for like several hours without any dreams, without any vision. I find it somewhat weird, you know, if I dream, is that dream considered as a recess of my mind or a vision?

I am still in the dark room, still tied up to the bed. This sucks.

My mom opened the invisible door, and turned on the lights. I never knew anything about the lights. She entered the room with my father and gasped.

I did not know what was happening but I can see her eyes widen.

                 “Sydney! Put the bed back on the floor!” She exclaimed.

I didn’t move except I was so confused.

                 “NOW!”

                 “What? What are you talking about mom?”

                 “You’re levitating!” 

“What?!!” Visions, Whatever I say comes true, now I’m levitating? What next? Invisibility? Come on!

                 “How do I get down?”

                 “I DON’T KNOW!” mom said

                 “URGH!!” I groaned. “I want to get down!” I yelled.

And I regret. See… I’m so not good at making decisions. At that point right then, my bed was falling to the ground. It hit the ground with a thud and I can feel the pain up to my spine.

My parents rushed to the side of the bed and tried to unstrap the strap that has tied me to the bed for like several days. Yes they TRIED to. They seemed to forget how to unstrap it! I hate it! They’re old, yes very old to remember how simple it is to untie a knot! Seriously! My mom came in with her antique scissors; she bought it in an exhibition, and it cost quite a fortune. She brought in the scissors from the Chinese Tang Dynasty, like is that necessary?

All I need is a knife, not to kill myself but cut through this damn straps! She needed 10 minutes to cut through the straps as the Scissor is no longer sharp anymore. I hate it, I hate it, and I hate it!

Note to self: A delayed action is an act of disobedience

                 “Ah! There you go! All cut out!”

I rolled my eyes instantly when she said that

                 “Dad, can you give mom and me a second please?”

   “Sure honey… Anything you need”

Dad went out of the room and I stare at mom. At her eyes. Oh my gosh! I never noticed that she had blue eyes! Not just any blue eyes. It’s the same exact colour as Murphy’s!

She sat at the edge of my bed and I tried to sit up. She looked at me and said nothing. Silence passes us for the next minute until I broke the silence.

                 “Mom, what is going on with me?” I finally decided that it’s time to ask her.

                 “What do you mean?” she asked

                 “Well, I was supposed to die, when I stabbed myself. I’m having these visions and whatever I say comes true. Now I’m levitating! I need to know what’s actually going on”

                 “Darling… There’s something called secret. And it’s kept that way so that people don’t know. You’ll know what’s going on with you when I feel that the time is ready. And now, I feel that you’re not ready yet to learn about those secret.” She said.

                 “But mom… will I ever be normal?”

                 “You are normal… You just have to be yourself. And learn to control whatever you say. Sometimes words are more powerful than our actions.”

                 “But when will you tell me?”

                 “Soon” she answered me immediately.

                 “What should I do now then?” I asked her back

                 “Right, now you can go to your room, back upstairs, I’ve clean up your room and you can have dinner in bed”

                 “DINNER?”

                 “And go to bed” she adds

                 “Go to bed?” I’m now asking in a high-pitched voice. “I’ve been sleeping for several days now.”

                 “Take a rest. You’ll need it. Tomorrow you’re going back to school”

                 “But school is destroyed from the bombings!” I reminded her

                 “Well no one knows that Ms. August is very extremely rich. She’s one of the owners of the four-season hotel so; the whole school are now using several function rooms of that hotel. Your class will be in the grand ballroom as assigned by Ms. August.”

                 “O, Fine than, take me to my room” I said to my mother

I followed her out of the room, back to my own bed room, she has cleaned everything up, it is now tidy, everything just so neat. I ate dinner and went to bed. I just hope that everything is going to be fine. No more visions, no more dreams, from the way I see it, there won’t be any dreams as for several days I have been sleeping, there were no dreams at all.

I rest my hands against the pillow, lights are still on, and I don’t want it to be turned off just yet because I’ve spent a lot of time in the darkness. So I just decided to sleep with the lights on.

My mom came in the room and gives me a kiss on the forehead; head to the door and before she went out she turned the lights off. I can’t argue with that because she expected me to sleep and she know me so well that she knows that if the lights aren’t off, I won’t be able to sleep.

So there goes, lights out, and I’m sleeping immediately like a sleeping beauty. Except that I’m not that beautiful. According to me anyway.