Chapter 21

I saw my life flash before my eyes as I fell from the 42nd floor. I felt adrenaline gushing through me. I panicked, I still want to live, even with these stupid curses, and I want to live now. Yes, I want to die, but I don't want to die like this. Then, something came up, I have ever levitate once, but it was on purpose, I think if I could do that on purpose I think I could actually still live.

I didn't know what happen, at first I was facing to the sky above the next thing that happen was that I was facing the ground below. I saw my three best friends opening their mouth, shocked that I was that foolish to make that free fall, no one couldn't make it after that free fall, no one shouldn't.

I focus so much on how to levitate, I panicked. Then I close my eyes. The fall seems to take forever, then it happened, I felt a force field building around me, like something is pushing me from below, then the feeling is gone. I'm now falling, facing my doom, then it happened, I felt something pulling me from above, and I felt instant pain as the fall stopped. I opened my eyes, turns out that I’m only a few inches from the ground and I put my hand on my hips trying to find a cord that was used by someone from above, nothing, no cords, so in other words I’m levitating.

I then laugh and I lost focus, which totally makes me fall, but it didn’t hurt, maybe I was bruised from the fall, but no pain at all.

I walk towards my three best friends whom I didn’t know they had the capability of jumping from the 42nd story like an agent does on movies. As I walk towards them then I heard someone screaming.

              “She’s alive!” The man said. “Get her! I want her ALIVE!”

I’m no longer walking, I’m running towards my best friends, I thought that it would be stupid running towards my best friends, who I figure would be one of them, but who else would I run to? Running towards the other direction would be suicide, since I know that there are lots of officials down there.

              “We’ll explain later” Mara said as if she knows that I wanted them to explain what is going on. “We’ve got to run”

I run as what she told me to do. I look back up once more and I saw Adam on the balcony.

              “Run” He mouthed the words “I’ll see you soon”

I didn’t reply him, but I felt tears rolling down on my cheek. I wipe them off, and I run as fast as I could trying not to get caught and not to lose my friends.

We ran and Joy found an abandoned car, she opened the car and started the engines, I don’t even know that her way was possible, we get in the car and she drove away almost immediately, the road that she drove didn’t seem familiar, I’ve never been on this road actually, I didn’t know where she was going.

She made several turns and she stopped in front of a building in an abandoned street, the street might be abandoned and so are the buildings next to it, but this building is somehow different, it looks like the owner recently visited and used this building for some purpose.

They all stepped out of the car and entered the building, leaving me alone in the car. I hesitated about what’s going to happen if I entered the building. Is this all just some kind of a trap? I push the thought and I got out of the car and followed them inside.