Chapter 4

The dreams came to me again; the same dream again and again, the faint light, the dying people, the voice, and the pit. I woke up finding myself sleeping on a bed, but it isn’t mine. I searched the whole room for the remote control, finding it; I switched the TV on, switching it to the news channel. A BBC reporter, the exact reporter as I’d seen in the vision is now reporting with his bloody English accent.

              It has been reported that Mecca is now under a terrorist attack from Iraq. It is claimed that the terrorist is using nuclear weapons to destroy Jerusalem, where the nuclear bomb has been off-routed to Mecca, killing millions of Muslims in their hajj prayers. In another part of the world it has also been reported that the continent of Africa can no longer be found and the land the used to be China has been replaced by the Land that is known as Africa. “This is a disaster”, said the President, scientist are now searching for an answer, agencies are in search for terrorists who are involved in the Mecca condition, and news are starting to brew up that this is a caused by a supernatural blah-blah-blah” I switched the television off and stared at my iPhone. It’s March 21st 2017 and I’m not home yesterday, which means mom must be looking for me. I quickly get up, race outside the room, ran downstairs, enter a place which I think is where the garage is, and to my surprise there in the garage sitting a convertible.

              “Mercedes-Benz, very nice.” I said to myself “Now, if I only can find the keys to this, hmm…. Ah! I found it”

I open the garage door, start the car and drive my way home. I’m actually not allowed to drive, since I haven’t got my driving license, but who cares? In an emergency like this, it’s a have to. I was relieved that there were no patrolling police officers when I was on the way and I regret it! I REGRET thinking about it because I saw police officers standing just a few feet away. I quickly hit the brakes and park my car in front of a house which I realize is the house of Ali. I started thinking what will happen if I continue on driving, they’ll charge me for driving illegally, maybe arrest me and the FBI will take care of me, since my face could be on the hit list. But what other choices do I have? If I get out of the car and enter Ali’s home it would not be good. I can’t just sit here until they’re gone, Murphy would have realized that his expensive convertible Mercedes-Benz is missing, and then it will all go worse, he could went to my home to search for me and demand his convertible back.  I NEED TO MAKE A DECISION NOW!

              “Just say it and it shall be granted” a voice speaks inside the car. Or at least it’s what I can think of

And then it hit me, I realized that everything that I’ve said had came true, so I crossed my fingers and said : “ I am eighteen years old, for now. And I have a driving license” I said that in a chant for like ten to fifteen times. And I know this sound crazy but I had a hard time believing that any of this will ever work.

              I took out my iPhone and took a picture of myself. My eyes widen when I see me, but whom I’m really seeing isn’t me. I’m actually eighteen years old, and I feel that there’s something like a card in my pocket, I took it out and saw that it is my driving license. I was so delighted that I could scream out loud at the top of my voice.

              I drove the way home without any difficulties and when I reached home I was back to the 15 year old me again. I entered the house, finding my mom and dad staring at me.

              “I can explain” I said

              “Look at you! Where have you been?” they asked me frantically. “And why is there a Mercedes-Benz convertible outside our house?”

              Suddenly the door bell rang and I felt relieved. How could I tell them that I’ve been sleeping with a boy? And I stole that convertible from him? My mom and dad run for the door