Chapter 24

As soon as his lips are pressed against mine, there was a loud bang outside. He immediately pulls himself back and I could see him swearing under his breath.

              “What was that?” I asked.

              “What?” Adam asked. “The kiss or the loud bang?”

              “The loud bang.” My friends said together.

              “Well, it was time they got here, so let’s get out of here”

 We didn’t question what Adam told us to do, we just rush to a side of a room, there was no windows, no doors, so technically, and I didn’t know where we are going to go, but the look in Adam’s face shows determination, so I know that he know where in the world we’re going. We stop finding ourselves facing the wall. I touched it and I could feel its coldness, meaning it’s made of steel and there’s no scientific way that we could actually make a hole on this wall with our hands and the tools around us.

Adam searches the wall for whatever he’s searching; I just couldn’t make what he’s searching. He stops at a part of the wall and presses his hand pushing that part of the wall in. He removes his hand and that part of the wall retracted slowly showing us a panel. Adam pushes several buttons and stops himself when he found a red button. His fingers ready to push it.

              “Hang on!” That’s all that he could manage.

He pushed the red button and the floor beneath us disappeared, making us fall down deep into the ground, I could see the floor above us being placed back into its position, concealing the secret exit beneath it, and we’re still falling. The feel of the fall reminds me of the leap of faith I took just several hours ago from the hotel. But this time it’s different, it’s all dark, like the vision, everything is dark, I couldn’t see, I could just feel, I close my eyes.

 The next few second was horror to me. I heard a thud, make those 4 thuds. I heard my friends and Adam grunt, meaning that they’re still alive, somehow. I still haven’t touched the ground yet, meaning either I’m still falling or I’m levitating, I still couldn’t feel the difference.

 I dared myself to open my eyes and yes, I was no longer falling, I’m only a few centimeters from the ground, it’s bright here and I thank my curse, turns out that I miss the mattress by that much so if I have fell, I could have been dead, I should have been dead. I lift myself and settle my feet on the ground steadying myself.

 Adam and my friends say nothing but their eyes does the explaining. They’re amazed by what I can do, especially I never joined any training before, and I’m still new to this powers. But whenever I’m under pressure, that’s the only time I could actually use my powers.

We rush towards the exit, which is only a few feet from the spot we took the fall, we exited the building and we run as fast as we can away from the agency, forget about the car, they’ve got it surrounded.

Then a jolt of pain rushes through my body, it felt like it’s slicing me in half, I fell on my knees and screamed out loud.

They stopped, their eyes filled with terror, they panicked. I could see their faces pale and I realize that they’re not the type of agents trained to do both kill and save, they’re the kind of agents who are trained to just kill, their faces might look innocent, but that helps.

 Adam and my friends reached out for me, Adam carried me my legs and my back on his arms and I swear I’m about to pass out.

              “I shouldn’t go conscious, what if I didn’t wake up? Then this is all over, everything that we fought for.” I said to myself, and that’s what made me strong, I stay conscious when he carried me.

 A few steps and he ran again. I might not know where we’re going, but after what we’ve been through, I didn’t care, because I know they’re going to keep me safe. They have earned my trust.