Chapter 6

Seiya leaned against a window in his spacious office, staring out at the bustling harbor landscape. However, his gaze was far away, and his thoughts revolved around the girl with extraordinary blue eyes who had entered his life the day before.

She was different, unlike all the women he had met before. There was something about her, the way she spoke and carried herself. It had somehow touched him. Her laughter had a special sound that lingered in his memory.

As she crouched there, her fragile figure, yet remarkably upright posture, even in her seemingly miserable situation, she appeared graceful. Her gaze was so intense; she simply did not fit the image of a street girl.

He felt bad for leaving her yesterday just like that. She had just started to open up to him, and he abruptly left after his brother called him. Of course, he knew it was important—after all, he headed the department in the family business responsible for all of Tokyo's logistics. He controlled all the goods entering and leaving Tokyo, whether by air, land, or sea. However, unexpected problems had arisen yesterday when customs and the police suddenly seized and searched two container ships.

Luckily, an informant had learned about the impending searches in time, and Seiya had made all suspicious cargo disappear before serious trouble arose. Hence, he had been in a hurry and had left the girl in the café just like that. The job had top priority yesterday, as it often did.

Seiya's duties as an entrepreneur and the pressure in his job often took precedence, but at the moment, he couldn't focus. His thoughts kept drifting back to this girl, Usagi.

His office door suddenly swung open, and his younger brother, Yaten, sauntered in, casually dropping onto the gray couch. "It was damn close yesterday, huh?" he asked, grinning at his brother and clasping his hands behind his head.

"Yeah... Thanks again for your call," Seiya mumbled, continuing to stare out the window.

"How did you manage to make everything disappear so quickly? I mean, there was quite a load, just thinking about the new weapons for my guys and then all the stuff for the Chibas..." his brother probed.

Seiya ran his hand through his hair. He had no heightened interest in this conversation, as his thoughts were already drifting back to Usagi. He had to see her again. Today, he had made up his mind.

"Yaten, I have my means and ways. I'm good at my job, and you're good at yours. Just let it be; I don't question you about how you choose your men," Seiya grumbled annoyed.

Yaten immediately sensed that something was wrong with his brother and sat up. "So, since you successfully averted the disaster yesterday, only two things come to mind that could spoil your mood: either you clashed with Father or Taiki again." He paused and analyzed Seiya's body language. "Or a woman is involved." Seiya tensed almost imperceptibly, but Yaten didn't miss it. He was, after all, an expert at uncovering secrets and could read the body language of others like an open book. One could almost say he was a lie detector on two legs.

Mischievously, his lips curled upward as he noticed Seiya's reaction. "So, a woman. Do I know her?" he began to tease. Of course, he was curious about who had managed to capture his brother's interest. Such things didn't happen too often.

"No," Seiya replied curtly. "Don't you have people to interrogate or something important to do?"

Yaten grinned as he realized his brother wanted to get rid of him. "Understood. If you want me to check her out for you, let me know."

"Thanks, but that won't be necessary," Seiya replied, still absent-minded.

He was currently working on an idea to make Usagi happy and provide her with a life outside the streets. He would offer her a job. As far as he knew, one of the women responsible for cargo list control had quit in one of the offices downstairs. She should be able to handle it; it wasn't a difficult job. With the money, she could rent an apartment for herself and her siblings. Plus, he would have her close to him every day. He liked this plan.