Chapter 86

Kenji got into his car, his gaze fixed on the building where everyone was gathered. His daughter, defying him, his two arch-rivals with their unruly offspring, who had long been a thorn in his side, and so many others from Tokyo's upper crust who had often hindered his plans. But that would soon change; he was determined to carry out his plan.

"Did you manage to do what I tasked you with?" he murmured to his right-hand man upfront. The redhead smirked slyly in the rearview mirror at his boss, casually tossing something over his shoulder and starting the engine. "Of course, the first shipment arrived before Tokyo was sealed off, and it was placed as requested. However, one of the brothers caught wind of it, and we didn't manage to get the remaining two shipments in. We've now shifted focus to this, but we'll deal with Tower and Port later," he briefed his boss.

Kenji remained calm as he twirled the detonator between his fingers, never taking his eyes off the red button. "Then take us to a safe area with sufficient distance. I want to enjoy the view when my enemies go up in flames. They've annoyed me for the last time today," he growled, pulling out a cigar from his jacket pocket. He clenched it between his teeth and regarded the flame for a moment before taking a deep drag.

"When all this is over, I want the little Chiba girl at the estate. She's still a child, but she'll surely be of use to us, as no one else from her bloodline will survive this...," Kenji demanded after a moment. Rubeus cleared his throat. "Boss, but there's another problem. We still haven't located her brother. Kakashi had him under our noses for a while, but since Christmas, he's vanished into thin air. Our people have been scouring Tokyo for weeks with no luck. He must be hiding him elsewhere."

The older man seemed unfazed by this, remaining very composed. "This little boy doesn't matter. What can he do? He's a nobody... And if Kakashi hides him on the other side of the world, he won't know anything about all this. We can do without him. As long as the girl is with us and obediently does as we say, she'll be our key to boundless power... and if he should invoke his birthright, I'm sure you have a pretty bullet with his name on it as soon as he sets foot in Tokyo," Kenji growled ahead.

As soon as Rubeus brought the car to a stop, Kenji got out. He glanced at the building where, just moments ago, all those who had been a thorn in his side were gathered. This was his chance to eliminate them all at once. The detonator lay between his fingers, and a triumphant grin spread across his face. He was certain that his goal was within reach. Taking one last drag of his cigar, he slowly pressed down the small button.

Seconds later, Tokyo was filled with a massive explosion, and the building that had housed them all just moments ago collapsed before his eyes like a house of cards. Kenji relished the sight, allowing it to sink in. Only when large columns of smoke and ash rose and the distant wail of sirens began did he turn away. He casually tossed the detonator in Rubeus' direction and resumed his seat in the car.

"Dispose of that and take me to the estate first. Afterwards, head to the scene of the disaster to monitor who is recovered and in what condition. I expect a detailed report on everything," he gave final instructions as his eyes delighted in the rising flames and columns of smoke passing by the window.

__

Seiya struggled to catch his breath, his mind fighting to understand what had just happened. Below him lay Usagi and Amy, their bodies thrown into a recess in the stairs by the blast, which evidently saved them. Seiya's back burned with pain, something had hit him there, but he had no time for that now. He swallowed down the pain, his first priority was to take care of Usagi and Amy. Every breath felt like fire consuming his lungs, the air was hot and heavy. The swirling ash clouded his vision, making breathing even more difficult.

With trembling hands, Seiya slowly sat up, gently pulling Usagi and Amy up with him. "Are you hurt?" he whispered, studying them intently. Usagi seemed mostly unharmed, except for a few minor scratches on her face and arms. Amy had a bleeding wound on the side of her forehead, and a small trickle of blood flowed from it.