Chapter 33

Usagi tried to maintain an upright posture and approached her father. Since both Seiya and Makoto were present, she felt somewhat safer.

"I'm here because I wanted to talk to you, Father," she said calmly but firmly. She didn't know where she suddenly drew this confidence from but was determined to use it. Kenji scrutinized her suspiciously. "So, and what do you want to talk to me about? Do you have some good news for me already?" "I think we should discuss it in your office."

Suspiciously, Kenji made an inviting gesture, which Usagi followed. Seiya remained by her side, a few steps behind her. "I believe my daughter and I can handle this alone. Thank you for driving her, Seiya. She'll come out when we're done here," Kenji grumbled and attempted to close the door on Seiya's face. However, Seiya had no intention of leaving Usagi alone with him. He knew exactly how Kenji could be. "Sorry, but I've received instructions from my brother. I will be present during your conversation," he replied and entered the office as well.

Kenji's dark gaze shifted between his daughter and Seiya, as if expecting an attack from both sides. Usagi positioned herself in front of the crackling fireplace, and her eyes briefly lingered on the picture of her sister still on the mantle. Seiya leaned silently against the wall next to the door, observing everything. Kenji slowly paced through the room.

"So, why are you here?" he asked his daughter.

Usagi closed her eyes for a few seconds, contemplating how best to begin. "You said that after the wedding, I could see my siblings. It's been over two weeks now; I want to see them. Both of them," she presented her demands. Her words hung in the air for a moment, absolute silence filled the room.

Only when Usagi turned around slowly and stared back at her father did he respond, "I said you could see your siblings when your tasks were fulfilled. Otherwise, they would distract you from your goals. Just because you're married now doesn't change anything, or are you already pregnant?"

Usagi felt anger rising within her towards this man and his arrogance. "Oh, but it changes a lot! Taiki and I will take over the protection of both of them. We won't need you or your financial resources for that. Also, I want them to move into our Tower so that I can have them close to me."

Now Kenji started laughing. "You're making demands? Of all people, you? The girl from the gutter. You should be grateful that I accepted you as my daughter; otherwise, you'd still be sleeping out in the dirt." "You expect me to get pregnant... What if I consider it only when the two of them are back with me?" she provocatively asked. "Pay close attention to what you say now!" Kenji hissed, and Usagi saw the vein on his neck pulsating prominently again.

But she had no intention of stopping now. "Why? Did you think I wouldn't find out that you separated the two of them? That wasn't part of our agreement! It was supposed to be that they stay together. So why should I adhere to agreements when they clearly don't apply to you either?" "So, you know about that?" "Yes, I know. But why did you do that? Chibiusa is only five. How is she supposed to suddenly cope all alone? Do you have no heart?" "There's no place for sentimentality here. Haven't you understood it yet? Power is what matters... and the fact that your siblings were separated is solely your fault," Kenji interrupted himself and looked at Seiya. "Send him out, and I'll tell you the reason."

"Out of the question. I have no secrets, neither from my husband nor from his brothers. You can speak openly. What do you mean I'm to blame?" suddenly an uneasy feeling gripped her

An arrogant grin appeared on Kenji's lips. "I wasn't the one who told Kakashi about your mother. You did that all by yourself."

Usagi froze, and a cold shiver ran down her spine. She vaguely remembered her first encounter with her father-in-law. All he cared about back then was the name of her mother, and she had told him.