Chapter 60

Hikari scrutinized her beloved suspiciously from the side. There was something in his behavior that suddenly made her uneasy. Kakashi pulled her close with a slight grin and planted a kiss on her cheek.

"I have a brief matter to attend to. Give me two hours; once I'm back, we can set off," he whispered to her. Hikari placed her finger under his chin, pulling him closer. "Kakashi, what are you up to?" Suspicious glances exchanged between them, then he withdrew from her grasp.

"I'll just drop by an old friend's place to settle something. Don't worry; I won't avoid our countryside trip." Hikari crossed her arms. "And who might this friend be? You're not talking about Kenji, by any chance?"

Kakashi's expression darkened slightly. "And if I were?"

"You promised Taiki that you'd withdraw," she reminded him of his own words. Kakashi waved it off. "No worries, I won't step foot in that traitor's house again. I'm going to Hiroshi Chiba," he snorted, leaving Hikari without another word.

Shortly after, he arrived at the secluded property of the Chiba family. He locked his car and proceeded to the front door. Grumpily, he rang the doorbell and waited. It took a while until the door was opened. Rei Chiba greeted him with a friendly smile. "Mr. Kou, what an unexpected surprise. What can I do for you?"

"I would like to speak with Hiroshi. Is he in the house?" Kakashi forced himself to be polite, even though he felt differently. However, the black-haired woman shook her head. "I'm sorry, but my father is currently on a trip, and my brother will only be back after New Year's. Should I convey a message for you?"

Kakashi snorted. "And who is managing your family affairs in their absence? It can't be that no one is present here." Rei smirked at him. "Dear Mr. Kou, I am still here. Don't underestimate me just because I am a woman. So, if it's business-related, I am at your service. If you have something private to discuss with my father or brother, I will, of course, inform them that you were here."

Did this girl just try to stand up to him? Kakashi was momentarily at a loss for words, but he quickly regained his composure and switched to his usual professionalism. "Very well, then convey to Hiroshi to contact me as soon as possible. Tell him it concerns long-standing issues that we finally need to resolve. He will know what I mean."

Rei became instantly serious. She sensed that there was more to Kakashi's visit than the old customer let on. "Alright, I will convey the message to him. Is there anything else I can do for you?" Kakashi turned away. "No, I wish you a pleasant day. And don't forget to inform your father. It is important."

__

Tellu raised her head, disoriented, and looked around. She wasn't fully present yet, but she recognized a figure with long silver-blonde hair from behind. Without a doubt, it was Yaten, she thought.

He had turned away from her once again, contemplating a strategy to extract answers. If he inflicted physical harm on Tellu now, he wouldn't expect any information from Mimete. It was more likely that Tellu would seek revenge in her own way. Yaten opened a small hanging cabinet in the farthest corner, where he always kept some alcohol for emergencies. The silver-blonde poured himself some light brown liquid, sipping from a glass, patiently waiting for the stylist to react.

The fear in Tellu's eyes immediately resurfaced as Yaten approached her. With nonchalance, he placed the bottle on the table in the middle, alongside another empty glass, and then turned to his guest. Casually, he pulled his chair closer and straddled it.

"So, you're having a fling with the assistant," Yaten began, smirking, lighting a cigarette. Tellu's eyes widened in shock. Yaten didn't need further confirmation; Mimete had already provided that, and Tellu's reaction was clear. "Tell me, how long has this been going on between you two? She seems to care about you a lot if she's willing to betray her big boss for you." He took a deep drag and provocatively blew the smoke into the bound woman's face. Tellu started coughing and shook her head to disperse the smoke.