Chapter 43

Seiya sat grumpily on the too-narrow back seat of Taiki's car. The atmosphere was tense, and his brother allowed no objection. For Taiki, everything had been said. Seiya would occupy his guest room until after the holidays, whether he liked it or not. However, Seiya still tried to free himself from the uncomfortable situation.

> @ Haruka, can you pick me up at Taiki's later? < Seiya

>Where to pick up? < Haruka

> From his apartment. < Seiya 

> Dude! You just have to take the elevator down 5 floors! No! I'm with Chiru and just took over the bar here. < Haruka 

> Seiya, just let it be. < Usagi

Then, Usagi threw a reproachful look backward. Seiya pursed his lips and shook his head slightly. He knew he wouldn't be able to control himself if he had her in front of him all the time.

> @Haruka, come on, I wouldn't ask if it wasn't important. There were some incidents, and I need company for the next few days. < Seiya

Taiki now glanced at Seiya through the rearview mirror. "If you have something to say, then say it. The buzzing in your pocket is annoying, and I bet it's coming from you." "I just asked Ruka to pick me up at your place," Seiya grumbled to the front.

> What incidents? < Yaten 

> Seiya was attacked; he has a severe concussion and broken ribs. Discharged against medical advice. < Usagi 

>Kenji? < Yaten 

>Yes. < Seiya

Again, Usagi turned to him. "My father is responsible for your condition?" she asked horrified, her eyes filled with shock and outrage. Seiya snorted. "At least his lackeys. Rubeus was there but stayed in the background. I could have handled him alone, but he had three thugs with him doing the dirty work for him. This coward only strikes when he's clearly in the advantage." "This can't be true. I will have a talk with Father and Kenji tomorrow morning. We need to clarify this urgently or at least put it on a different basis. It must not escalate into a clan war, and that's exactly the direction it's heading," Taiki said with a serious expression.

"Tai, let it go. It won't bring anything. We have to outmaneuver both Kenji and Father to finally have peace," Seiya grumbled. "I know. But until we get there, I have to make sure that you impatient idiots don't get into trouble. And I mean you as much as Yaten," Taiki scolded while skillfully parking the car.

Seiya cast one last glance at his phone.

> I'll call you when I'm off work. < Haruka.

> I'm also soon in the Tower. < Yaten

Seiya struggled out of the car and followed Taiki and Usagi to the elevator. He felt the tension surrounding Taiki and decided not to provoke his brother further, to submit to his will. Silently, Seiya barricaded himself in Taiki's guest room. The decision was not only influenced by fatigue but also by the desire to avoid Usagi and not succumb to temptation.

Usagi also bid farewell and exhaustedly went to bed. The strains of the day were still weighing heavily on her. First, there was the exciting appointment with the gynecologist, and then the whole situation with Seiya. Her thoughts circled, and her body demanded rest.

Only Taiki couldn't force himself to rest just yet. He took a stack of documents and decided to work on them at the dining table. If Seiya wanted to leave, he had to pass by him. A little later, Yaten entered the apartment, threw a backpack on the couch, and closed the door behind him. His questioning gaze went to Taiki, who was sitting at the table with a cup of coffee. "What happened?" he asked seriously, taking a seat opposite the brown-haired man. Taiki sighed and explained briefly, "Kenji apparently sent Rubeus to him... probably because of the delivery Seiya messed up." "And how is he?" Yaten inquired. "Considering the circumstances. He's behaving like a stubborn child and locked himself in the guest room," Taiki said dryly. Yaten chuckled. "Well, if he comes out, give him the backpack. I brought some of his clothes. Where's Serena?"