Chapter 82

Already as he turned into the street where the Kou Tower majestically stood, his eyes vigilantly scanned the surroundings. Every shadowy figure, every suspicious object could pose a threat. It was not out of the question that there were more trucks with explosives positioned here. The tension lay heavy on his shoulders, despite the outward calm he exuded. There were no trucks nearby, and he recognized some of his employees, who were expertly scanning the area around the tower.

As Yaten pulled into the garage, he breathed a momentary sigh of relief. To his relief, Minako had listened to him this time without getting into deeper discussions. She stood in front of the elevator with a packed bag, flanked by Usagi and with some distance, Amy and Makoto. The silver-haired man practically jumped out of the car and immediately opened the trunk.

"Makoto, take Amy with you and drive to the address. Wait there until we give the all-clear or until we arrive. Serena, Mina, you come with me. We have a lot to discuss," he gave his instructions abruptly, handing Makoto a note. Then he grabbed the two bags from Usagi and Minako and threw them into his trunk.

The tension in the air was palpable, and each of those present clearly felt Yaten's nervousness, so none dared to contradict his instructions. They trusted that he knew what he was doing.

In the car, Minako placed her hand on Yaten's knee and tried to catch his gaze, but his green eyes were stubbornly fixed on the road, and his mind was working overtime. The touch of her hand was like a spark that intensified the tension between them. He couldn't afford to be distracted now, even though the temptation was great; he had to stay focused.

"Yaten, what happened?" Her voice sounded demanding, yet full of concern and uncertainty.

"You'll find out soon. But one thing's for sure: you won't be returning to the tower. After this discussion, I'll take you to a kind of safe house that's under strict surveillance. Nothing will happen to you, I promise," he whispered to her, his grip on the steering wheel tightening.

The threat emanating from the unknown was omnipresent, and he would do anything to protect Minako and his daughter.

Usagi sat in the backseat, forcing herself to remain calm. Since she had read about the explosives, her thoughts had been racing, and she only hoped that nothing had happened to Seiya again. Her heart pounded in her chest, and a feeling of unrest gnawed at her. Losing him would be something she couldn't bear.

Only when she saw Seiya's car parked in front of the Black Moon, her tension eased slightly. At least he seemed to be okay.

But Minako's confusion grew as she realized what building they were heading towards. "A brothel? Yaten, why are you taking me to a brothel?" Minako's surprised reaction to their destination puzzled him.

With a confident movement, he steered the car into the empty space between his brothers' cars and switched off the engine. His expression remained hardened, and hesitantly, he reached for Minako's hand.

"Mina, can we please agree that you don't ask questions right now and just do as I say, and listen? Everything will be explained soon, but I neither have the desire nor the nerves to explain it all to everyone individually," he whispered to her. Minako let his words sink in. By that time, Yaten had already exited the car and was now reaching out to her to help her out of the car. She responded with a sharp look. She didn't like how he was treating her right now, but she felt that she should keep a low profile.

His fingers firmly clasped hers and then he lightly pulled her behind him, directly to the door of the Black Moon. Usagi followed the two with some distance. She knew the Black Moon very well by now and had no qualms about entering alone.