Chapter 39

Taiki accompanied Usagi downstairs, still skeptical about her decision to befriend Rei Chiba. However, he accepted her intention to be useful, understanding that she had Makoto by her side. "Thank you, but I can handle this on my own," Makoto's voice echoed from the hallway.

"Alright then... No one will force you to look good," countered a new voice that immediately caught Usagi's attention. Yaten sat casually in one of the chairs, legs thrown over the back, busy answering emails on his phone. Yaten sat up and called into the hallway, "Petz! Serena has arrived."

Soon after, their new stylist entered the hallway. She appeared significantly older than Tellu, possibly in her mid to late thirties, but radiated a warm smile as she approached Usagi. "Nice to meet you, Mrs. Kou. I'm Petzite and I'm really excited about this trial day. So, a charity event it is today. I've familiarized myself with your wardrobe and put together some possible outfits."

Usagi was surprised, glancing between Petzite and Yaten. "You guys handle it. If Petz convinces you, she's ready to work for you permanently. I've known her for several years. We don't have to worry about any unpleasant surprises with her," Yaten said, patting Usagi's shoulder as he passed by. "Excuse me then. I have work to do."

Taiki silently watched his brother leave and considered following him, but Petzite thwarted those plans. "Mr. Kou, if you'd like to take a seat, you can support us in making the decision," Petzite suggested, gesturing for Taiki to sit. Then she made an inviting gesture down the hallway, towards the dressing room. Usagi followed her.

Upon arrival, she carefully examined the laid-out dresses on the rack next to the door. The first choice was a floor-length, elegant evening gown. The silky fabric shimmered slightly in the light, and a golden belt emphasized the waist. With a deep V-neck and wide, gold-adorned straps elegantly highlighting the shoulders, the dress exuded timeless sophistication.

Next, Usagi's gaze fell on a short cocktail dress. Form-fitting and accentuating, with a sweetheart neckline adorned with golden embroidery. The short, slightly flared sleeves were also adorned with gold, and a subtle ruffle at the skirt added playful elegance.

Her gaze then moved on to a knee-length sheath dress that aimed to impress with simplicity. Subtle golden embellishments artfully framed the neckline and waist.

Finally, the fourth dress caught Usagi's attention. A combination of a long evening gown and an asymmetrical design. While one side reached the floor, exuding elegance, the other ended in an angular cut, giving the dress a modern touch. Golden embroideries snaked artfully along the asymmetrical lines, and a high leg slit added a focal point.

Usagi was used to trying on multiple dresses with Tellu, but Tellu usually had a style in mind and selected various models accordingly. Here, there were four completely different dresses. But they all had one thing in common: black and gold, the colors of her house, stood out unmistakably. Usagi's hand glided repeatedly over the various fabrics of the dresses, but her eyes lingered on the last one. Tellu would never have picked something like this for her, she thought, and perhaps that's why it had gained appeal.

Petz smiled warmly as Usagi chose the fourth dress. "Well, let's try it on then." With skilled hands, she helped Usagi slip into the exotic black dress. The fabric gracefully enveloped Usagi's figure, and the feeling of the high-quality material on her skin added an extra sensual depth to the moment.

After the dress fit perfectly, Petz escorted Usagi back to the living room. As Usagi opened the door and entered the room, Taiki's gaze fell on her. For a moment, he caught his breath. The dress complemented Usagi's figure, and the golden embellishments harmonized perfectly with her hair and complexion.

Taiki rose from his seat, and an approving smile played on his lips. "Serena, you look beautiful. Choosing the dress went much faster than I thought. Or do you want to try on more?" Usagi shook her head. "I wanted to know your opinion, but if you like it, then I'll stick with this one." After the decision for the dress was made, Petz set to complete Usagi's styling. Skillfully, she arranged Usagi's hair into a loose updo that perfectly matched the dress. A touch of gold powder on her cheeks and subtle makeup completed the look.