What The Hell Happened Here?

Mutasim P.O.V

It was a short expedition and consisted of the Scouts mostly just grabbing supplies, as many as they could carry. The Levi squad's job was just to make sure that no unsuspecting Titans came across us as we searched. Thankfully, no lives were lost this time around and we were all on our way back. 

However, as close as we were to home, I noticed a giant hole in the Wall! My eyes widened as I saw Titans trying to get inside. How the hell did Titans-Oh shit! Did the Colossal appear?! Again?! 

Levi: Great... 

Mutasim: Captain! Should I-

Levi: No. We can't risk exposing you to the rest of Humanity. We'll do this with blades. 

I wasn't about to argue. I pulled out my blades and got ready to fight. Before we could even get close to the Wall's hole, a monstrous roar echoed throughout the plains and something large blocked the hole from the other side! Whatever it was, it prevented the rest of the Titans from leaving. 

Eld: W-What was that?! 

Erwin: It matters little. We'll split up into two groups. Gunther, Oruo, Eld, you three will stay with me on this side and take care of the Titans clawing at the Wall. Levi, Petra, Mutasim, you three will scale the Wall and kill any Titans you see on the inside. 

Petra: Understood! Leave it to us, Commander! 

Erwin: Charge! 

We followed Erwin's commands and split up as agreed. Firing my anchors into the higher parts of the Wall, I began to run up the side. It saved me from using my gas (even if I had plenty of it to spare). Once Levi, Petra and I reached the top, we quickly realised the damage was worse than we thought. Titans were spread out all over the district! Entire buildings were completely destroyed and I could see multiple spots where Titans had thrown up their meals. It was grotesque. But I had gotten used to it by now. And on the plus side, I can siphon all that blood to fuel my own power. So all the lives lost don't truly go to waste. 

Looking directly down, I saw a Titan approaching a small group that was right next to some giant boulder. 

Levi: Mutasim, you clear the Titans around this part of the district. Petra and I will look for the rest. 

Mutasim: Got it.

Petra: Be careful, okay? 

Mutasim: Don't worry, I'll be fine. 

With that said, I jumped off the top of the Wall and dove down onto the Titan. I immediately sliced its nape, killing it in one blow. The giant fell to the ground and I landed on top of its head, sighing. I turned to the group behind me, only to see it was Eren, Mikasa, Armin and someone from the Garrison. And for some weird reason, Eren's arm was grafted to the inside of a Titan's nape. Hold on... Was he... like me too? Oh great. 

Mikasa: M-Mutasim? 

Mutasim: Someone wanna explain what the hell happened while I was gone? 

Garrison: The Colossal Titan appeared, kicked the Wall open and then vanished. Just like all those years ago. 

Mutasim: Right. If any of you can still fight, I suggest raising your swords and getting to work. 

Mikasa: Y-Yes! I'm right behind you! 

She pulled out her blades and got ready to fight alongside me. As much as I hated her, I had to admit that I would need some form of help if I couldn't use my Titan form. Together, we traversed through the district and slaughtered any and all Titans that we came across. To me, it was child's play by now. Experience really is the best teacher. 

We spent a good half an hour, an hour's worth of time clearing out all the Titans from the district. With that giant boulder blocking the hole, there was no chance of the Titans getting inside again. But this surely couldn't have been a coincedance. We leave and then the Colossal Titan appears and breaches another hole? No. This was planned. And that power to just appear and disappear at will like that... 

We had a traitor among us

A/n: Go on, get it out of the way, I know someone is thinking it.