Utgard Castle

Mutasim P.O.V

We continue to ride through the plains. From the last report we received, things weren't so good. So we quickened our pace, hoping to reach the castle before it was too late. I grit my teeth as we rode, my thoughts still thinking back to the battle with Annie. I know I shouldn't be thinking about her at a time like this... And yet... 

Levi: Mutasim. 

The captain's voice snaps me out of my trance. I look up at him. 

Levi: Did you hear what I said? 

Mutasim: No Captain, sorry Captain. 

Levi: Remember, you're not apart of the Levi squad anymore. You're a Captain of your own which means you can make your own calls now. Including whether you transform or not at anytime. 

Mutasim: Right. I'll move ahead, keep the others safe until you guys arrive. 

Levi: Good. Everyone! Brace yourselves! 

I open up my shirt, allowing my one wing to burst out and have some air. I then stand on my horse before using my wing to boost myself up. As the others run past me, red and black lightning crackles around me before finally it shoots from me and into the sky. I roar as I transform and the sky changes once again into a dark pool of red. Upon changing, I use my wings to fly skyward and then head towards Utgard castle at a much faster pace than the others could. 

By the time I had arrived, I saw Titans clambering at the base of the castle, doing their best to climb to the top. And at the top, were the others. Reiner, Christa, Bertholdt, Connie, Sasha. Weirdly enough, there was no sign of Ymir. Unless she died, that'd be a relief. Never did like her. As I drew closer, I noticed a short stack Titan pouncing around on the Titans, tearing and biting their napes out. Looked like there was yet another Titan Shifter. Great... 

I land on the tower, sticking to the side. The others stare at me, horrified at the sight of me. 

Reiner: W-What the hell is that?! THEY FLY NOW?!

I growl as I drop down on the Titans, crushing most of them. I then wrap my left wing around my body and push out, blasting the rest away. With a fierce roar, black lightning falls from the sky and strikes the world around me, mostly hitting the Titans. Seriously, at this point, taking these Titans down was like taking candy from a baby. 

The short stack Titan glares at me with completely black eyes, still clinging onto the tower. All of a sudden, its mouth opened and it speaks. 

Titan: What the hell are you?

Mutasim (Titan): I should be asking you the same thing. Are we gonna have problems or will you roll over and die like the rest of these scum? 

Christa: Ymir! 

I look up at the tower, seeing Christa gazing down at the short stack Titan. Seriously? Ymir was a Titan Shifter? And she was the short stack? 

Mutasim (Titan): I see. Always knew you were an ugly bitch on the inside Ymir. Protect the others, I've got the Titans. 

Ymir (Titan): Who the hell are you calling an "ugly bitch"?! 

Mutasim (Titan): Shut up and do as I say. 

I return my attention to the other Titans and charge towards them. To my surprise, a black blade appeared in my right hand, comprised entirely of an eerie flame. 

Not questioning it, I slice at the Titans in a horizontal motion

Not questioning it, I slice at the Titans in a horizontal motion. To my surprise, a wave of flames blasts out against the Titans, engulfing them. My eyes widen as I see the flames eating away at their bodies in mere seconds. Yet it was a pleasant sight, weirdly enough. The plains also burnt away, leaving a trail of ash and burning grass. 

One Abnormal leapt towards me but I grabbed it by the neck and sliced it in two, right down the middle. Both halves fell to the ground, revealing its insides. After I had killed that Titan, the flaming blade had vanished in a puff of smoke. I clench my fist and watch, looking for any surviving Titans. There were none. 

I turn around to see the rest of the Scouts arriving. Ymir had just left her Titan form, exhausted. I walk towards the group and fall to my knees, getting closer to their level. 

Mutasim (Titan): You guys missed all the fun. 

Petra: Yeah. We can see that. And from the looks of it, you REALLY enjoyed yourself. 

Mutasim (Titan): I needed a distraction. Too bad it didn't last long. 

Sasha: W-Wait. You guys all know about this winged Titan?! 

Sighing, I begin to exit my Titan form. The chest opened up and the ribs move up and out of the way, allowing me to drop out of the Titan's chest. I stand and roll my shoulders back as I click my neck. 

Mutasim: And now, so do you. 

Connie: M-Mutasim?! You're a Titan too?! How many of us are Titans?!

Bertholdt: T-That Titan form... W-Wait. You have a wing? A-And what happened to your arm? 

Mutasim: I was born with these. That's all there is to it. Now let's get you guys out of here. 

Hange: Where's Nanaba and Gelgar? 

Christa: They... They didn't make it. 

Mutasim: So they're dead. And Miche? 

Reiner: No one knows. We didn't see him. 

Mutasim: Then it's safe to assume he's dead too. 

Levi: Let's get going. Even if the place is secure, it's best not to linger. Mutasim, I kept your horse safe. 

I nod thanks and mount my horse, petting their mane. 

Ymir was hurt pretty badly when she was defending Christa and the others. Not that I cared much for her well-being. She'd survive. Reiner had an injured and broken arm from a Titan bite, but he'd live. We all rode back to the Wall to rest and call it a day. 

But it was just one bad thing after another...