Reunions

Mutasim P.O.V

Some time has passed since the enlistments and I've sort of adjusted to being forced to share a room with Mikasa and Armin. Most of my days were being spent memorising the plan to escort Eren to Shinganshina, but I knew what the plan really was. Erwin filled me in on this plan as a follow-up to draw out a potential Titan Shifter, one that was working against us. By having Eren out in the plains, far from the walls, it was a prime time to steal him. Erwin wanted me alongside Eren to be our trump card. Levi and everyone else who knew about my power trusted me enough to change when I wanted to. 

Right now, I was tending to the horses that had just come back. Levi and his squad returned from some recon. Petra was helping me out. 

Petra: So how have things been?

Mutasim: Ehh, can't complain. How's recon been? 

Petra: Oh, it's been great. Hardly any Titans, though I guess that's your doing. 

I chuckle softly and rub the back of my head. 

Mutasim: Not so loud Petra. Remember? 

Petra: Yeah, I know. Sooo... How have things been with Mikasa? 

Mutasim: I'm still pissed at Erwin for making her share a room with me. Armin, I'm okay with. How was recon with Eren? 

Petra: He's pretty quiet. Though I guess that's to be expected since Levi can kill him at any time. 

Mutasim: Levi is the least of his worries compared to me. 

Petra: Yep. I still can't believe you were abused by him and Mikasa. It doesn't get any easier coping with that. 

Mutasim: Yeah... 

Turning away, I see Eren talking with Mikasa and Armin. The raven haired girl holds onto his hand, more than concerned for his safety and wellbeing. I shake my head and finish feeding the horses. 

Mutasim: I'd rather not think about them. Why think about my old family when I have you and the Levi squad? 

Petra smiles and hugs me. 

Petra: I'm glad to hear that. I'd rather you look forward to the future than hang back in the past. 

Smiling, I pat her back. 

Mutasim: Thanks. I'll do just that. 

Petra: Well, how about your other friends? You know, the other new cadets that joined? 

Mutasim: Ehh... I'm not really close with them. And the one girl I was friends, or at least close to, joined the MP. 

Petra: Well, I'm sure the Captain will excuse you for talking with your old colleagues. Go ahead. It's important to socialise you know. 

Sighing, I nod and walk to the group. The first one to notice me is Sasha, who smiles brightly. 

Sasha: Hey! Mutasim! 

She waves overly excited to see me, making me feel weird. Not because of embarrassment, but because I didn't think anyone was looking forward to seeing me again. One by one, they all turned to me. Reiner had a big smile on his face and he walked to the front of the group, approaching me. 

Reiner: Hey M. Looking good. Is it just me or have you put on some more muscle? 

Mutasim: Relax Reiner. I've still got a long way to go before I meet your bulk. 

He laughs and wraps my head in a one armed hug. 

Reiner: Good to see ya again! I knew you'd be alive after all this time!