3.

Entering the club with Riya, the pulsating beats filled the air, but my mind was preoccupied with the haunting image of Kabir kissing another girl. The disbelief lingered as we maneuvered through the animated crowd, searching for him.

The neon lights flickered, casting an ephemeral glow on the sea of dancing bodies. My heart raced with each step, fueled by a mix of dread and determination. Riya, a silent companion in this emotional storm, walked beside me.

Then, there he was—Kabir—leaning on the bar in a dimly lit corner, engrossed in conversation with his friends. The reality of his betrayal struck me, but I pushed through the throng of people. The cacophony of laughter and music surrounded us as I confronted him, a knot tightening in my stomach. "Kabir," I uttered, the weight of my shattered trust evident in my voice, "we need to talk."

As I locked eyes with Kabir, the pounding music seemed to fade into the background. His greeting was too casual, too nonchalant for the turmoil racing through my mind. Despite the chaos within, he greeted me with a happy smile and a kiss on my cheek.

I felt the warmth of his lips, but instead of reciprocating, I found myself unconsciously rubbing the spot he kissed, as if trying to erase the indelible mark of his betrayal. Kabir's expression shifted from happiness to confusion as he gently took my arms in his hands.

"What's wrong?" he asked, concern etching his face. The weight of the unspoken truth hung in the air. How could I explain the whirlwind of emotions surging within me? I met his gaze, struggling to find the words that could capture the storm of disbelief and hurt in my heart.

Opening my phone, I summoned the damning evidence of Kabir's betrayal—the photo of him locked in a kiss with another girl. The screen illuminated the truth I couldn't ignore. As I showed him the image, his initial confusion played out on his face, a fleeting moment before he tried to defend himself.

"It's not true," he insisted, his words strained with denial. "It's fake, Tara. Someone must've doctored it or something."

His attempt to deflect the reality of the situation hung in the air, but the image spoke louder than words. I held his gaze, the hurt and disbelief evident in my eyes. The weight of the truth settled, and the defense crumbled in the face of undeniable proof.

The throbbing music in the club became the discordant soundtrack to our escalating argument. As Kabir suggested we take our dispute outside, I resisted, my frustration boiling over. "No, Kabir. Let's air this out right here," I declared, unwilling to grant him the solace of privacy.

His protestations filled the space between us, insisting that the damning photo was a fabrication, that he hadn't betrayed our trust. But I couldn't absorb his words. The image of him kissing another girl replayed in my mind like a relentless loop, drowning out reason.

Tears welled in my eyes, an involuntary response to the heartbreak unfolding in real-time. I hastily wiped them away, unwilling to display my vulnerability before the prying eyes of the club. The deafening music masked the emotional symphony within me, as I stood there, a battleground of emotions.

Amidst the pulsating lights and curious gazes, I locked eyes with Kabir. His denials, genuine or not, fell on my ears like hollow echoes. The weight of betrayal and shattered trust bore down on me, and I couldn't fathom how we had reached this point.

Even as tears threatened to betray my composure, I steeled myself against the emotional onslaught. I refused to crumble in public. The club became an arena for our unraveling relationship, and I stood firm, demanding answers and resolution, no matter the audience.

Amidst the tumultuous atmosphere of the club, Kabir reached for my hand, his grip a mixture of urgency and sincerity. "Tara, listen to me," he implored, his voice cutting through the chaotic symphony. His eyes locked onto mine, each word punctuated by the thumping bass.