30.

Yash turned to his dad, his frustration evident. "Have you found out who is behind these accusations?" he demanded, his voice tinged with anger.

The police officer shook his head, his expression grave. "Not yet. We are still investigating," he replied solemnly, his words a stark reminder of the uncertainty that hung over us like a dark cloud.

Rajveer's question hung heavy in the air, his gaze pleading as he turned to me for reassurance. "Tara, you believe me, right? I didn't do this."

All eyes in the room turned to me, their scrutiny intensifying the pressure weighing on my shoulders. My heart pounded in my chest as I struggled to find the right words.

"Yes, Rajveer, I believe you," I replied, my voice trembling slightly as I forced the words past the lump in my throat. All eyes in the room turned to me, their expectant gazes weighing heavily upon me.

But inwardly, doubts still lingered, gnawing at my conscience like a persistent ache. Was I only agreeing because it was what everyone expected of me? Was I simply playing a role to maintain the illusion of solidarity within the family?

As I glanced at Rajveer, his expression hopeful and pleading, I couldn't help but wonder if I was deceiving myself as much as I was trying to reassure him.

A sense of relief washed over Rajveer's features as my words sank in, his expression transforming from one of uncertainty to one of genuine gratitude and joy. A smile tugged at the corners of his lips, lighting up his face with a sense of warmth and reassurance.

"Thank you, Tara," he said, his voice filled with sincerity. "You have no idea how much that means to me."

Yash's voice was edged with frustration as he confronted the head of the station. "Why isn't my brother at home if he's innocent?" he demanded, his brow furrowed with concern.

The head of the station met Yash's gaze evenly, his expression stoic. "Sir, we have procedures to follow," he explained calmly. "We can't release him without a thorough investigation."

Yash's frustration simmered beneath the surface, his fists clenched at his sides as he struggled to contain his emotions. "But he's innocent," he insisted, his voice tinged with desperation.

The head of the station nodded in understanding, but his tone remained firm. "I understand, sir. But we also have to consider the implications. If we release Mr. Rajveer without completing the investigation, the media will have a field day. It won't be good for either of us. We have to keep him here for at least 24 hours. "

Yash's jaw tightened as he absorbed the implications of the head of the station's words. He knew that the media scrutiny would only intensify if Rajveer was released prematurely, casting doubt on his innocence and tarnishing their family's reputation.

Reluctantly, Yash nodded, his resolve firm. "Alright," he conceded, his voice heavy with resignation. "I'll do whatever it takes to clear his name."

A sudden interruption caught us off guard. A female voice, calm yet authoritative, rang out from behind us.

"There's no need for that."

We all turned to see a woman in her late twenties standing near the door, her presence commanding attention. She exuded an air of confidence, her gaze steady as she assessed the scene before her.

I exchanged puzzled glances, wondering who this newcomer was and what she wanted. The head of the station furrowed his brow, his expression a mix of curiosity and caution.

"And who might you be?" A constable asked, his tone guarded.

The woman stepped forward, her movements graceful yet purposeful. "I'm shrestha," she replied, her voice carrying a hint of authority.

"Thank God, Shrestha, you're here," Yash exclaimed with relief, his voice tinged with gratitude. "You'll be investigating Bhai's case, right?"

Yash's words hung in the air, his hope evident as he looked to Shrestha, for reassurance. But instead of a reassuring response, Shrestha simply looked at him, her expression unreadable.

A sense of unease settled over the room as we awaited her reply, the silence stretching between us like a taut wire. Yash's anticipation turned to apprehension, his eyes searching Shrestha's face for any sign of confirmation.

But as seconds passed without a response, the tension in the room only seemed to grow, leaving us all on edge. Something about Shrestha's demeanor hinted at a deeper complexity, a mystery waiting to unfold.

"I am here against Rajveer. I am with the victim," Shrestha stated firmly, her words cutting through the air like a knife. The shock on Yash, Rajveer, and Mr. Singhania's faces was palpable, their disbelief evident as they struggled to comprehend her words.

Yash's voice cracked with emotion as he shouted at her, his anger and confusion bubbling to the surface. "You're joking, right?" he demanded, his eyes blazing with intensity. "How could you do this? After all we've done for you, how could you betray us like this?"

But Shrestha remained resolute, her gaze unwavering as she met Yash's accusatory stare. "I will always be grateful for everything you've done for me," she conceded, her voice steady. "But I will always stand on the side of truth, and I will do everything in my power to ensure that justice is served."

"Even if I have to go against you,".