𝓢1: 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 8

His POV

After I rejected Anushka, I felt bad for her. I wanted to apologize for my Harshit behavior but I thought that if I approach her, she will think I feel something towards her which will give her false hopes. False hopes are not something you should depend on or live your life upon. I waited for her to approach me, but I guess she couldn't not after she was embarrassed so badly in front of me. Soon my exams were over and I started focusing on my internships and my open mics where I performed my poetries. She was out of mind within a span of a few days since I was so busy.

It was the first day of my final year, I was just parking my bike when I saw her coming towards the gate. I parked my bike and went after her thinking that she would finally approach me, but she didn't. Did I embarrass her so much that she is not even looking in my direction? After some days, I saw her entering the canteen and she looked at me. She noticed that I was busy discussing something with Naksh, so she quietly walked out of the canteen. I finished my conversation with Naksh and followed her, saw her sitting in the garden and watched her but she didn't approach me and looked at me like I was a monster which was going to eat her. I then slowly approached her because I started feeling guilty. I still remembered her name as Anushka, so that's what I called her but she was very angry.

I was very sure that she was giving me curses in her mind. She then corrected me and told me to call her nickname. I did not agree with her because why should I call her a name that everyone does? I decided that I will call her Akshu but she didn't like the idea and told me I am not family, since only her family calls her Akshu. I was not hurt or insulted with that statement because I knew whatever she said was true but I least cared about it, I will call her whatever I like and no one could stop me from it. She was angry in the end, but decided to leave the matter since it was not worth fighting over. I guess even she understood that I am a stubborn person.

All these things were noticed by my friends, as I went towards them they asked "What haa Harshit, are you catching feelings for that girl?" I nonchalantly replied, "Naah not after my past, I went to her because I felt guilty about rejecting her so badly." My friends left the topic there because they knew if I felt anything for anyone, they would be the first people to know about it.

I saw Akshu in the canteen everyday, where she would sit and joke about things and then she would laugh at some silly jokes her friends cracked. But as soon as I made eye contact with her, she would avert her eyes and her expressions changed from happy to sad. I guess she really did like me, if she is sad even after so many months. This thing continued for a month or so, then I messaged her on Instagram saying "Hi Akshu, how are you?", she didn't reply for hours and when she replied it was as dry as a desert, "Good." What kind of reply is this huh? I didn't like the dry reply so I messaged her friend Raha, who is also a poet and an extrovert, "Hi Harshit here." She also replied with an attitude, "So?" I laughed at the reply because that is what I would have asked if I was in her place. I told her, " Let's meet in the canteen tomorrow, you are an anchor like me right? I have some college events lined up but I can't cover them all and I will need all the help that I can get. I asked teachers and they gave me 3 names, 1st was you, 2nd is Manasvi and 3rd is Rida. Bring Rida and Manasvi with you, you can bring your friends also if you want." She said ok and after this I decided to sleep.

***********************************************************************************************

Please comment, share and vote on my story.

This is my first story so forgive me if there are any errors.

Hope you like it and share it with maximum people.

Thank you for all the support and love. ❤️❤️