𝓢2: 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 2

His POV

It has been 5 years since my graduation and placement, today I have become a business partner in the firm that I was placed at. I have received many awards for my event management skills and my company was also mentioned in the Fortune 500. Even though I am an entrepreneur, I still manage events on a regular basis. I might have managed more than 40 shows last year and this year I have already managed more than 15 shows and it is not even close to a year right now. My most favorite show was the one where I got to meet my role model. When I met my role model, I was a fanboy in front of him and couldn't contain my happiness inside. 

This was my 16th show, I was not interested in managing this show a bit but I was here because my partner wanted a day off due to his personal reasons. I was very tired on the set and my head and legs were killing me but being a professional, I decided to act like it. Soon I heard a voice I hadn't heard in 5 years and truth to be told I never forgot that voice. I got up from behind the console and went out to see her, she was looking the same but I could see the changes in her. She was more matured now, beautiful as ever in her saree and emitting confidence. Where was the little girl that couldn't even maintain an eye contact for more than 3 mins? I guess a lot has changed as the years went by. I stared at her for the longest time, my mind repeating the same words over and over again "My Akshu, my beautiful Akshu", I was watching her until I heard someone calling me from the microphone.

My 16th event turned out to be fruitful. I was desperate to meet her again but I waited until the event was over. As soon as the event was over, I made my way to congratulate the speakers so in the end I could congratulate her too. I congratulated every speaker until I reached her. I knew she recognized me but she acted as if she didn't know me. Two can play the game right? So I reminded her who I am? Then she suddenly remembered me and acted surprised. I was thinking why is she not running away like the Cinderella she is? But soon in a moment her excuse for running away followed and again I let her go.

I waited till the set was wrapping up and it was 1:00 am in the night. I was walking towards the parking lot when I saw her arguing with the front desk of the hotel. I approached her and asked the issue to which I received a glare. I went quiet and waited for her to calm down, once she was calm she replied "The hotel does not have any room, I am not getting a cab at this hour and my clothes are irritating. Can you resolve any of this? No right, so you should leave wherever you were leaving for." I was shocked at her outburst and was just staring at her when she waved her hands in front of my face and asked "Kya hua, kya soch rahe ho?" I replied calmly, waiting for another outburst from her, "See I can't make any hotel arrangements for you but I can surely drop you home if you want me to." Her face went from calm to angry again, she replied in an angry tone, "I don't want to go anywhere with you." I got up from my place and casually replied, "Ok if you say so. You can sit here in the lobby and wait for morning, it is already late and I need to go home to recharge myself."

("What happened? What are you thinking?")

Just as I was leaving she shouted, "No wait don't leave me here, I will come with you. Go bring the car, I will wait for you in the front." I stared at her for a moment and said, "Do you think I am your driver?" She looked at me with a flash of regret in her eyes and said, "I am sorry, let me rephrase my sentence. Please go get your car, I will wait out front." I was satisfied with her request and I went to take my car all the way to the parking lot thinking that she may be changed but her behavior towards me is the same, it's as if I had killed her immediate family and she was just waiting to take her revenge.

I picked her up from the front and as soon as she settled in the car, she lowered her window down despite the AC. I did not start driving and was just glaring at her, she noticed my gaze and slowly mumbled, "I have motion sickness, I need the car windows down. The AC makes me sick due to its smell." I nodded and switched the AC off, I asked her the direction for her house and started driving . Soon I realized she lived in the opposite direction from my house. It would take 1 hour to reach her place and a 1 and half hour return journey to my house. My dreams of getting a goodnight sleep ended in a second. There was an awkward silence in the car so I connected my phone to the speakers and soon the music, 'Goom hai kisi ke pyar mein' started playing. The song was not intentional, it played at random. I looked in her direction once and she acted as if she was sleeping.

***********************************************************************************************

Please comment, share and vote on my story.

This is my first story so forgive me if there are any errors.

Hope you like it and share it with maximum people.

Thank you for all the support and love. ❤️❤️