Trial Of The Delta Warrior

*This is in the dark world. Kris was tasked with exploring a cave near Kazoron City. Kris went into the cave, and brought Ralsei with them. There were markings on the walls. Kris removed their glove and put their hand up to the wall, causing the markings to light up. Kris then followed the markings, holding Ralsei's hand.

"I am not mentally prepared for whatever we might find, but whatever. We're going to go find it. And probably get rid of it if it's potentially harmful." Kris said.

"I'll be here to help you, Kris." Ralsei said.

Kris then saw something that had a button.

"Oh look at that. A button. Should I press the button?" Kris said.

"Okay, just be careful, we don't know what it does." Ralsei replied.

Kris pressed the button, and there was a flash of light, and Kris found themself in an unfamiliar place. It was a nice teal everywhere, and there were different colored balls of light all around above them. Kris's feet were submerged in water, still wearing their boots. They noticed a stone brick in the distance, so they waded through the water over to it. It had some writing on it.

"Trial Of The Delta Warrior—Kris Dreemurr." Kris read out loud.

Kris took a step back and the brick crumbled, falling into the water.

Plip
Plip
Plip

Kris waded through more water, to what appeared to be a puzzle.

It was a puzzle that had a lot of buttons. It was similar to one of the puzzles they found in the scarlet forest a couple years ago.

"This puzzle seems familiar. I'll just jump over the spikes, what's the worst that could happen." Kris muttered to themself. They tried to jump over the spikes, only to hit an invisible barrier, and fall on their butt into the water. "Well dammit. Guess I'm doing the puzzle."

Kris got up, and somehow was not soaked. So they completed the puzzle and they were allowed to continue. Yet another puzzle. This one appeared to be that same puzzle that Rouxls made. Kris groaned at the sight of it because they knew it was pointless. They then kicked the brick they had to move, only for it to move a single inch, and it was covered in spikes. They looked over at the instructions.

"Brick must be moved with unusual methods. Do not make contact with it using your body. It is made of a sort of foam, so maybe use something that can stab it. Don't cause too much damage." The instructions said.

"Oh my god I hate this puzzle." Kris mumbled angrily. They still have the warrior's glove, which has obsidian knives that can come out if the wearer tenses up. So Kris tensed up, and pierced the brick, then set it down on the button. That didn't seem to complete the puzzle, as a bunch of stone brick appeared, and there was a lever. Kris then realized they had to do some parkour to get to the lever. So, they jumped onto every brick, which then proceeded to crumble. Kris managed to grab the lever, around 20 feet above the ground, and they pulled it down with their body weight and gravity. They thought they could stop for a moment to get a breather, but the lever then snapped. They landed directly onto their feet. Water splashed everywhere from the impact of Kris hitting the ground. They continued on to the next room. There was yet another puzzle, but this time, they had to jump over something, while holding a very heavy object. It was roughly the weight of both Tengen and Gyomei combined, which was hard enough to hold up without falling. Kris took a deep breath and picked up this brick. It wasn't even that big. They backed up, ran, and jumped. They got to the other side, but the impact really hurt.

Kris got up, slapped themself, and hissed "Focus!"

They kept walking despite how much pain they were experiencing. They got to another puzzle, and this one was similar to one of those word puzzles in the cyber world. Except they had to put in a literal keyboard smash. The keyboard smash being...

SKGENNEHFYWGENOFIFJENWGSUIDYEBBEGYWUSTAGBEDIF

Kris jumped around the keyboard. It felt like it took two hours, but they completed it.

"I'm going to have an aneurysm if I have to do another one of those..." Kris mumbled angrily.

After what felt like three more hours of puzzles, they got to a big room. There was a ball of light. The ball of light looked as if it was going to take form of a person.

"Your final test is to see how well you can fight everything and everyone you have ever fought." A strange voice said.

"NO GOD PLEASE NO!!" Kris shouted as they wanted to back out of it.

A few figures, taking the forms of some demons they had fought before, appeared.

Kris fought every figure that came at them. The worst part was the overlords. They had almost been killed, they were literally at the point where they could have just closed their eyes and just died. They were lying in the water, and they closed their eyes.

"KRIS!!" An echoed voice shouted. It got clearer and louder. It was Ralsei. Kris used the last of their strength to embrace Ralsei for quite possibly the last time. Ralsei picked them up and attempted to carry them, but he was weakened by fighting off demons that found him. The amount of demons was ridiculous. It took a lot out of him. He eventually gave up and set Kris down in the middle of a forest, and decided to lie down himself, holding their hand.

The two were found by someone who brought them to a safer area. Kris eventually woke up, and before them was a very angry looking kakushi.

"You idiot...." The kakushi muttered, about to start yelling at Kris.

"Shut the actual fuck up. I open my eyes, and you're already going to yell at me?!" Kris said angrily. "You can find your own way back to the castle town, I'm calling Nico."

Kris then whistled, and Nico came and picked Kris and Ralsei up.

On the way back, something shot Nico in the wing, and he had to land. It was going to start snowing, and Nico knew this, so he protected Kris and Ralsei. The three were eventually found by Mitsuri.

"Oh my goodness! Kris! Ralsei! Nico!" She said as she ran to them. "Let me help you!"

Mitsuri helped them get back to the castle town.

To be continued...