4

Staying in bed with a drunk and annoying Sarah was not how I planned to spend my night

Staying in bed with a drunk and annoying Sarah was not how I planned to spend my night. I should have just stayed away from all the potential people I could bump into. I eventually gave up caring for Sarah and managed to make my way to my own bed and sleep until sunrise. I opened my baloney doors and stepped out into the morning sun. Letting its rays warm my skin and the hot breeze whispering in my hair. I enjoyed the very few moments I could get where there was no one talking. No voices, no drama, and no people. Call me antisocial, I call it protecting my own mental well being.

People can be a lot especially went they creep into your dream in the night, and you wake up feeling that aching throb in between your legs begging to be seen too. Yes, even my subconscious was liking the attractiveness of Rafe. I fell into the chair pulling my book in front of my eyes to distract those thoughts. He wasn't what I wanted or needed.

Kie: Beach with the boys?

Me: Sounds like heaven, pick me up from the Camerons please.

Kie: Oh yes JJ told us, I pray for your mental health lol.

Kie was never a lover of the Kook life, it why she distances herself so far away from it. She only made certain allowances for things and people, and I was lucky to be on that list. Me, Kie and Sarah used to be the trio in OBX, but they fell out and I choose to stay the hell away from it.

I quickly changed into a basic black bikini, matching a pair of denim shorts and black crocheted top Kie had found charity shopping one year and thought it was too dark for her so passed it on to me, obviously. Making sure to throw my book and tanning oil in my bag I made my way downstairs to get some water for the day when I was met with voices from the kitchen, the stopped when I entered.

"Morning sweetie want some breakfast?" Ward smiled, sat with the patio doors open to the yard letting in the breeze of the morning through the house and sat at the counter was Rafe who threw a hard glare my way. I didn't even hear him come in last night. "I'm okay I am going to the beach in a second" I smiled over to Ward, ignoring Rafe's still burning glare spreading like wildfire across my skin.

"What on your own?" Rafe finally spoke. I turned my attention back to him watching as he pushed food around his plate. His eyes stayed locked on mine making it hard for me to look away. It was something about his stares that just changed something in my body, made something come alive I push that feeling back into its box and taped the lid down firmly. "Kiara is picking me up in a moment I'm going with her actually" I sassed him before turning back to the fridge and taking out the things I needed.

"So, the rest of the pouges are going to then?" Rafe muttered looking back at his dad and throwing him an expression that only he would understand. I looked between the two, questioning why this certain look was being thrown. "Honey, don't you think it's a good idea to start distancing yourself from them? I mean after all you start your new internship at the law clinic this year" Ward spoke in a polite matter obviously not wanting to upset me or step over the boundary too much.

I rolled my eyes at Rafe knowing that this was his doing. Ward had normally been fine around my friendship with them he even had John B employed on his boat, so I wondered why the sudden change in attitude or opinion. Rafe was doing anything and everything he could to infiltrate my life and change it making it hell. I wasn't ready to let him win. "I know but they're okay at the moment if anything bad happens I will distance myself but I don't think there will be" I smiled back to Ward he gave me an uncertain nod before returning back to his newspaper. I stuck my tongue out at Rafe making his mocking glare drop to a hard dark and murderous gaze.

"Nice try!" I whispered walking past him patting his shoulder, my hands felt the tight muscles underneath his shirt I quickly withdrew my hand trying to make it not obvious. I made my way out onto the yard finding Kie there waiting for me. "Hey girly" she smiled as I jumped in the car. Before I could respond I heard the door of Tannyhill open again I turned to look and there was Rafe stood in the doorway watching his arms crossed against his tight body his muscles flexing and the sunlight in those messy curtain hair. "There's a storm tonight you know" he yelled from the doorway.

I shut the car door and let out the window. "Sorry I can't hear you what was that?" I smirked knowing full well he knew I heard. And with that before he could even open his mouth to speak Kie drove off at the speed of lightning. I fell back into the car seat and burst out into laughter. "Why does he even care that there's a storm tonight" Kie laughed as the sound of the radio filled my ears. "I have no idea he is just trying to make my life a living hell" I sighed. My mind went back to the way he looked in the doorway and how the throb in between my legs, which I thought I had solved this morning came back. What is going on?