33

A different type of butterflies that entered my stomach because making a comment like that and hearing it, reminded me of everything that I have wanted in life

A different type of butterflies that entered my stomach because making a comment like that and hearing it, reminded me of everything that I have wanted in life. Having a family. A smile passed on my lips as I changed into a different color for once. I pulled on a green and white polka dot tight top that had thin straps tying into little bows on the shoulders and fishing through the wardrobe finding a dark blue colored pair of denim shorts that was fraying at the seams.

Proud and feeling accomplished by not wearing a single drop of black on my skin, I pulled on my white converses and quickly dried my hair leaving it in a natural silky beachy wave. Hearing Rafe taking the longest shower of his life I headed downstairs intrigued into seeing if I could find anything out. But as my foot hit the first step on the staircase, I heard a voice that I hadn't heard in a long time.

His low rusty tone sent me backwards in my childhood as he let out a laugh I hadn't heard since before my mom passed away. It was my dad. And I felt my heart sink as I knew to trust the gut feeling I had this morning that everything was about to go to shit.

As each foot hit the next step going down, I didn't know how to feel. I felt a mixture of anger and sadness knowing that something bad and traumatic was about to happen, knowing that I couldn't run and go and tell my friends that my dad was home, knowing if I ran back up the stairs to tell Rafe they would hear me I would just have to admit defeat and face this whole situation head on praying to God that no one gets hurt.

As I rounded into the kitchen both Ward dad and rose all fell silent as they looked in my direction. Rose nervously smiled towards me before moving from her position at the counter and towards me, but my eyes fixated on my dad and how his face was full of color, full of life. And that only told me one thing he was in on finding this gold because a man like my dad the only thing nowadays that could make him smile like that was money.

Hatred and disappointment filled me even when Rose is light touches on my arms brought me back to reality. I couldn't wash away the look that was plastered on my face, the look of anger. "You're back" I said sounding bitter, but my dad smile and he grew as he took two steps towards me as I took two steps back Rose's hands dropped as I stepped out of her grasp she knew too well that this was a conversation we needed to have in private.

"Don't be like that Isabella I came back because I was worried" he spoke, and his face genuinely dropped from the smile and into a worried gaze, my eyes frantically bounced from his to around the room noticing that they'd all slightly stiffened. I could feel Ward's gaze burning into me as he himself looked worried. "Ward phoned me last night after what happened, and we think you and Sarah need a bit of a break from Outer Banks" he spoke taking another step towards me, but I was in shock I couldn't move from where my feet were glued to the floor.

This was the dramatic moment, the pivotal moment that changes everything.

"Take us where exactly?" I whispered looking up to my dad peering into his dark brown eyes. With us being from Latina descendants' me and my dad tanned easily in the sun but OBX sun wasn't like the sun he had been under recently. His skin was a lot darker making the whites of his eyes bright and not dull and grey like they had once been. His normal dark hair had lightened in the sun so that told me he could have been in one place and one place only.