38

My brain is completely fucked I have no idea what I need to do and who is right and who is wrong and who to believe and who not to believe

My brain is completely fucked I have no idea what I need to do and who is right and who is wrong and who to believe and who not to believe. But I managed to control my breathing and trying to level how I was feeling.

But I had no time to think as we pulled up at the meeting point. The boys docked the boat into the water Kie helped me out the car and I went up against the car, watching as they walked away getting the boat ready for John B. And moments later a sheriff's car pulled up and that was when I knew it was all over as I looked into the driver seat I saw it was him. "Wow that's a big move from you" I smiled to him as he exit the car walking towards me. Noticing how bruised up and badly wounded I was, he pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

"I'm so sorry this has happened to you Iz, I will make it up to you. You are still my little sister and I love you" he whispered he helped me walk over to the rest of the group and we sit there together laughing at how he managed to accomplish this although the happiness couldn't quite reach the inside of my heart. "Where's Sarah?" Looking around she was nowhere to be seen.

"We got separated in the swamp my way to meet you here" John b said but I knew that it would be too late if we waited for Sarah. I knew how desperately she would want to go with him. "Well, I'm not leaving without her" he said but the rest of the group looked in between them and I could only frown knowing that she wasn't gonna make it here on time.

"I know you feel bad for leaving, but there's no time, man. You've got plenty of gas, plenty of food. Once you get around that point, it's a straight shot across the sound to Dismal Swamp, okay? Once you get there, lay low, all right? Hang out for a couple of weeks and then go overland, cross the border at Brownsville, you got that? Brownsville. You-- Hey! You got that?" JJ slapping this side of his face but his eyes were just fixated on me because he knew that I knew leaving without Sarah was a mistake.

"If she gets here after you leave, I'll make sure she finds a way to you OK to be safe help protect her" I nodded at him leaning against JJ for some support. "Brownville, I got" he replied back to JJ . "Guys you look after her, okay? You need to hide her" he said to his friends as my brows shut up in shock. I was surprised by the way he said that.

"We will, don't worry" Kie smiled over to me. We quickly pulled him into a hug, saying all our goodbyes and watching him sail away. I couldn't hold in the pain anymore nor putting the whole of my weight onto JJ. "Whoa Iz you OK?" He asked as we both stumbled backwards leaving Kie and Pope to talk. I looked down at my leg and noticed the bleeding was starting again but I was trying to play it off. "I'm in so much pain JJ" I whispered looking up to him but something else caught my eye behind him and noticed Kie and Pope..... kissing.

By the shock of my face, JJ turned around and he too was shocked. "Oh woow" I held my breathe trying not to laugh, JJ turned to me and smiled. "Wow wasn't expecting that to happen" he laughed quietly making me laugh a little bit harder. But before any of us could say anything sirens in the background grew louder and louder and we all turned to the direction that they were coming from.

"Shit" I said relying on JJ again for support as we all step backwards watching about a dozen cops jump out of cars. The first person I was to clock eyes with was Shoupe. He too was taken back by my appearance.

"My god Izzy" he breathed walking closer that JJ seems to tighten his grip around me which he noticed. "Rafe and your father have been going mad at base, we need to get you back, we need to get all of you back there" he spoke aloud as all of us looked in between us knowing that what was about to happen would either get us in serious trouble or we'd get off Scott free.

-

Night had fallen by the time we returned to the makeshift camp they had set up in search for John B. JJ helped me out the car and we were instructed to walk towards the tent. "Can we get her some medical attention too?" He asked the cops around him and they all nodded in response all darting off in separate ways. By this point I was barely holding it together the pain was obvious on my face but as I went to sit down Shoupe appeared.

"I need you to come with me" he said, and I didn't have a choice he had taken my arm and before JJ could interrupt another cop had gotten between us all. I began to start to panic, I knew it wouldn't be long before my father came swooping in and I was right because as I turned around both him and Ward who stood there. Dad quickly made his way over to me wrapping me in his arms, but I stayed stunned too scared to speak and too scared to react and I think Shoupe noticed.

"My baby you're OK did he hurt you what happened to you?" My dad rushed out checking all over my body noticing the bleeding on my leg and the bruises around me, the cut on my forehead starting to bleed again. "We need to get to your hospital now there's no point in waiting to questioning her she's not in the right frame of mind" my father quickly rushed out I tried to shake his grip off me but he was too strong.

"I'm fine I know who did it and it wasn't John B" I tried to say but it came out as a mere whisper and my eyes started to roll in the back of my head and I was losing my balance my body was giving up on me before I could even tell them what had happened I fell out of my father's grip but Ward was quick to catch me. "See Shoupe she's not OK we need to get her to a hospital" he rushed out.

Everything was spinning and my vision was blurring. I don't think I had water since this morning and even that I only had a few mouthfuls. As the men started arguing with Shoupe, my eyes drifted into the distance and I saw him he was stood there watching and out of sight of other people.

He looked insane standing there watching me with a hard gaze, but his eyes were full of worry and concern if he really didn't care, I don't think he would have looked like that. He started edging closer to the tent and my breathing became shallow as I couldn't catch a breath. Shoupe was called away by another officer, leaving me with both Ward and my father. "Sweetie, we need you to sit down and breathe OK we are going to get you to a hospital just stay here we need to go and talk to her the officers" Dad whispered placing me into seat he knew for a while I wouldn't be able to get up now once I had sat down and that my struggling was only getting worse.

Radio frequency noises were being heard in the background, but my eyes fixated onto Rafe as he grew closer and closer into the tent trying to stay undetected, but he froze once John b voice rang out over the radio and I snapped my head in the direction.

"You killed my father, and you framed me for a murder I didn't commit. You took everything from me You took everything from me! But I'm still here. And I swear to God, Ward, I will come back one day and take what's mine So, you listen to me, all right? I'm comin' for you. I'm coming for you." Everyone in the tent seemed to freeze and they will turn their attention towards ward.

But my attention was still stuck on Rafe, his eyes were pleading with mine I didn't know if I could believe him or not. I didn't know if he was a liar or not, I was just trying to keep myself breathing but even that was a struggle.

Because I wanted to believe him, I wanted to believe everything that he had said, I didn't want to lose him but I wasn't prepared to be with someone who lied and used me. Moments had passed and shoupe walked back into the tent walking over to the Pogues. I watched as he broke the news broke the news that made my stomach turn.

I watched as they all broke out into tears and sobs. They didn't make it. My two best friends didn't make it. I tried standing on my feet balancing myself and tears came swarming into my eyes and rolling down my face. I couldn't do this anymore I was in so much pain. Through the wounds, the heartbreak, the of losing my friends and losing the one person who I wanted more than anything in the world that's why I gave up.

I felt my eyes rolled into the back of my head just before I felt my body give away and hit the ground I saw Rafe running in my direction. "IZZY No!" His voice roaring through the silence everything went black and I gave up...