12

"Oh Whez" I rubbed her back as she reached into the toilet

"Oh Whez" I rubbed her back as she reached into the toilet. Sarah sat on the side of the bath watching us with a grin on her face. "Do you believe me when I say you need to listen to Izzy now?" Sarah teased as Wheezie wiped her mouth. "Yes, that you are always right" She looked up at me with big eyes as I smiled and started to braid her hair.

"We have to make mistakes to learn sweetie don't worry, I am still making them now" I hummed finishing off the braid. Sarah smiled at me as she watched us together. It gave me memories of when I used to do this with her. Being only a few years older then, even though at times it didn't feel like it, this was a common thing for us. I would always braid her hair to stop it playing into her face from she was sick, I still have to do it sometimes now.

"We've got Topper's party tonight Wheezie so you know the drill" I smirked running a cold wet cloth over her face. She rolled her eyes but nodded. "Yes, pretend to be you both so Dad doesn't suspect anything" She mumbled as Sarah nodded and checked her hair in the mirror. "Good girl" I chuckled rubbing her back as she reached again.

"What are you gonna wear? I was thinking of wear that pink bikini you have" Sarah smiled with wide eyes, begging for me to let her use it. "Don't pretend like it isn't already in your wardrobe" I stated making her smile bigger. "And I'm just going with the useful black bikini top and shorts" I hummed wiping Whez's mouth.

After a while wheezie stopped being sick and let us put her to bed, exiting her room we made our way downstairs into the kitchen making a drink, pregaming for tonight. We heard voices that made us freeze. "Shit it's dad hid the bottle" Sarah whispered as I quickly emptied the contents into my water bottle and hid the rum putting it back in its normal spot.

"I think Rafe is in trouble" She whispered as she listened into their conversation that was taking place on the patio. My stomach flipped. Ward and Rafe's history wasn't the best. He wasn't always the best Dad to him. I always wonder if that's why Rafe is the way he is. He just wasn't loved enough. "Sarah come on, there is no point listening" I whispered to her. I felt wrong listening in on this part of Rafe's life.

As much as I hated him, a part of me always felt bad because Ward always treated me better than his own son. She dragged me over to the door to listen. "That Pogue I fired is more reliable than you" Ward hissed at his son. My heart broke for him. All he wanted as a kid was to make him proud. "What about Sarah she isn't working?" Rafe replied getting up, I could hear the frustrations in his voice raising.

"You know my dad gave him money to buy some Generators a few days ago but he brought a motorbike instead" Sarah whispered into my ear. This was news to me. I knew he was always into things like that but to use his dad's money for a bike? "Now I've heard you were in the cut last night and there was a gun?" Ward questioned him. I heard Rafe sigh. "Yeah, there was a gun and Izzy jump straight in front of it, it was those stupid Pogue friends she's got" Rafe scoffed and I felt the blood boil in me all the sadness and heartbreak that I felt for him disappeared. Yet again he was ratting me out to his dad.