10

I made it over the dune and locked eyes with Sarah

I made it over the dune and locked eyes with Sarah. John B and Topper we're fighting throwing hands, landing punches at each other. I felt my legs move before I set what I wanted to do in to motion, sprinting through the crowd weaving in and out of people making it to the center where the boys were fighting before I could spring into action and even try and remotely separate them I felt Rafe's hand claps around me once again I turned back to look at him but he just shook his head.

"Let it happen" He yelled. "We have to do something" I yelled at him violently pulling my hand from him. "What are you gonna do Izzy?" He yelled trying to grab my hand. I turned just in time before he could reach my hand. I ran closer to the fight, Topper had John B's head under water.

"Topper what the fuck? You will kill him" I screamed running closer before I could a hand grabbed my arm stopping me in my track, Rafe. "Rafe let go" I yelled looking back out how bad this was getting. "No Izzy you aren't some superhero" He spat. I ripped my hand away from his and searched the crowd for you any of the Pogues.

My eyes landed on them and but before I could scream for them to help, it was as if it was in all slow motion, JJ pulled a gun. I didn't have time to scream for him to stop so I just ran, I felt Rafe try and grab, but I was too quick. My feet pounding in the wet sand, and I felt another set, dooming behind me.

JJ had the gun to the back of Topper's head, and everyone screams filled the air. I managed to reach them as Topper rose to his feet, grabbing topper's arms I pulled him out of the way of the barrel. JJ's eye finally snapped to mine as I continued to pull Topper away. Only for a split second I was in line with the gun's firing line, but it felt longer. "JJ are you nuts?!" I screamed but he only aimed it up in the air and started firing.

I flinched at the sounds and felt both Topper and Rafe grab my arms pulling me away, but JJ's eyes still locked with mine. "Yeah that's it get off our side of the island" He screamed. Then everything snapped back into reality, and I felt Topper move to Sarah and Rafe's deathly grip around my forearm tighten. The boys pulled the pair of us into the car and Topper was quick to hit the gas.

"WHAT THE FUCK IZZY?!" Rafe doomed as he shook my body snapping back into the moment. "Are you insane?! Jumping in front of a gun for what? For the attention?" He screamed. The car had filled with Sarah's sobs and Topper's frantic panting, the shock was hitting him.

"The attention Rafe? Really?! Are you that fucking stupid to just watch our friend get a gun pointed to his head?" I screamed back pushing him off me, but he was quick to grab my face in his hand. Sarah turned in her seat to watch.

I hissed at the pain spreading across my jaw. "I'm fucking stupid?! You really couldn't give two fucks about your actions could you!! Look at yourself!" He doomed gripping harder onto my jaw. "You were the selfish idiot to jump into front of a gun!!!" I whined at the pain, watching him slipping into another mindset. "At least I went after him Rafe! At least I fucking did something! Where were you huh? Just letting it happen" I screamed trying to fight his grip, but I was no help.

"Rafe stop you are hurting her" Sarah sobbed trying to push him off me. I gasp for a breath, looking into his eyes begging silently for him to let go. But something else flickered across his face, he widen his eyes a little before he let go. He snapped out of his trance and pushed me to my side of the car. "Stop the fucking car" He screamed making Topper slam the breaks on. All of us went flying forward slightly. "What are you doing?" I yelled at him shaking my head in disgust.

He kicked open his side of the car door and got out, but I was quick to follow after him. "Rafe just get back in the car" I screamed but he spun around so fast I almost went crashing into him. "You don't care remember?!" He screamed in my face his gaze his whole demeanor was as if he was ready to kill me. "You're right I don't care" I hissed at him before jumping back in the car not even bothering to look back at him. "Drive Topper!" I felt slamming the car door shut.

Topper didn't even fight me on it, and we took off down the road silence filled the car. Sarah turned in her seat to look at me. I was shaking with anger how dare he say those things after what had just happened between us. "Are you OK?" She whispered, catching my attention. "Yeah" was all I could say.

I didn't care that we left him on the side of the road, and I didn't care what he had said. What I did care about is how much that whole thing seemed to excite me. He was right the thrill, and the adrenaline is the things that can get me going. And I hate that. Because I should have been scared, I had a gun pointed to my head I should be crying but I am not.