36

All three of them stood there completely speechless as their eyes widened as they scanned our bodies realizing how much blood had stained and coated our skin

All three of them stood there completely speechless as their eyes widened as they scanned our bodies realizing how much blood had stained and coated our skin. "Izzy oh my god you are really hurt" Kie appeared in my view still blurred by all the tears. Another breath got lodged in my throat, so I looked between all five of us not being able to form into words what had just happened. "That can't be all your blood?" Pope rushed out as he checked John B for wounds.

My brain finally hit play on my mouth. "He used me" my voice broke as everyone looked back towards me. "He used me to get the gold" The sobs finally caught up to my breathing as I felt my body collapsed even more into JJ's arms. In one swift motion he swept me up into his arms carrying me further into the shack as we had sirens screaming past us. Kie took my face into her hands as I reached up to the slit on my forehead that was releasing so much blood.

"You were right" I whispered. But she just shook her head and turned to JJ. "We need to get her out of here" she whispered. As I looked back up to JJ his eyes filled with tears at the sight of me. I couldn't tell if they were angry or sad but he's pushed some hair out of my face and nodded to Kie.

I let out a painful moan as I could feel the pain completely taking over my body. The rest of the group started panicking, throwing around things that we could do and before I knew it I felt my eyes starting to grow heavier. "No Izzy stay with me" JJ yelled out tapping my face slightly making my eyes pull back open. But the white noise returned, and I just stared up to him wondering where everything went wrong.

All I could picture right now was Rafe. And I hated myself for that, for wanting him to come and save me from the one thing he did. But he was a liar. He didn't love me. After what felt like hours of being in JJ's arms, I felt him lift me into a car and place me in a seat sliding in next to me but still wrapping his arms around me pulling me firmly against his chest.

"You're OK you're OK I'm gonna- I'm gonna look after you" he said softly as I let out a moan from being moved. The pain was unlike no other, radiating across my body infiltrating every part of me. "It hurts" I sobbed realizing the rest of them had piled into Kie's car I must have been completely gazed because the sun was starting to set. I must have been in and out of consciousness the whole ride, I just wanted the pain to take me I had had enough.

My whole life I have been fighting with myself every day and I am tired of it. I want it out. "Izzy please keep your eyes open" JJ's voice filled my ears and I flattered them open staring up to him the car came to a sudden holt, I turn my head stick around us we were in the middle of the nowhere. "You have to tell me what the hell happened and why Izzy is so hurt" Kie rushed out at John b Sat beside JJ.

He too looked completely numb as the events of today clicked into his mind. "Ward shot Peterkin" he whispered out and tears escaped from my eyes but JJ tried as hard as he could to wipe them away holding a cloth to my forehead trying to get the blood to clot just to stop bleeding out. I looked into his bright blue eyes, thinking of Rafe. I needed to stop that I couldn't go back there now even if I wanted to, he lied and I was nothing. He tried smiling down at me, but it was failing miserably. "Rafe used Izzy the whole time. He wormed his way into her life without her knowing and he's been trying his hardest to isolate her from us because her dad and ward told him to. He's been lying to her all this time that he likes her, he just used her, he's broken her" John B added.