30

I woke early still in Rafe's arms on the dock

I woke early still in Rafe's arms on the dock. We were still in the same position as we were asleep in. I looked up to him admiring his face in the amber sunlight that shone across him. I was falling hard and fast for him, it felt like I was almost free falling and it was beginning to get scary. I didn't do relationships. I mean my last one turned out horrific but this sort of felt different in a way that I couldn't really describe I was more scared of it not being something that it being something.

I felt my phone vibrate in my phone again. I had been ignoring Sarah's call all night. She was still my best friend and I know if anything happened would remain that way. I slipped from Rafe's arms and took a few steps up the dock out of earshot from him, not wanting to wake him. I accepted the call.

"Jesus Izzy, I thought you were dead!" She hissed over the line and I rolled my eyes at the dramatics. Why did everyone think I was dead when I don't answer my phone? "I am fine Sarah honestly" I mumbled looked back at Rafe who was still asleep. "I am worried about you, I know you have feelings for Rafe, but you know Izzy he isn't good for you" She said, I could imagine her sat in her room looking out the window wondering where I was.

"But Sarah I see this different side of him that I have grown to enjoy, and I know he doesn't want to hurt me" I whispered, and her side fell silent. "He is different with me. He makes me feel like I'm not that girl who everyone looks at in sorrow because of everything that has happened " I added and she sighed over the phone. "Izzy, we don't see you like that, you are my best friend and I love you" She said and that was my turn to remain quiet. "I want to see you today, away from him. Spend the day with me please" She whispered.

I wanted to see her again, I wanted to hear all about her adventures with the Pogues, no matter how annoyed I was with them. "Okay, I will be home soon" I smiled knowing that she was smiling too. I hung up and turned round to fine Rafe a few inches from me and I let out a scream. "Who was that?" His whole mood had change from last night. His body tense, eyes were dark and insane looking. "Rafe, you scared the crap out of me" I sighed running my hands up his chest but he didn't relax.

"Who was that?" He repeated. I frowned up to him confused as to why he was suddenly like this. I removed my hands from him. "It was Sarah, I'm going to spend the day with her" I spoke for him to roll his eyes and run a hand through his hair. "Sorry, I thought you were talking to my dad" He whispered, and I could see the regret in his eyes for scaring me.

"It's okay" I tried to smile slightly concerned about his mood change. "How long will you be with her?" He asked as he snaked his arms round my waist. I felt that his body had relaxed from my confession. "I don't know but I will be back here tonight with you and if something comes up I'll text" I hummed wrapping my arm around his neck but he rolled his eyes again. "Okay fine but no Pogues right?" He asked and I chuckled. Even if there where I knew he would outright say no.

"No just me and Sarah" I whispered placing a kiss on his lips. I went to pull away, but he gripped me harder, stopping me from moving. "Don't let her turn you against me" He warned looking down at me. Something in my stomach seem to turn at his comment. It was unsettling. "Why would I let her?" I asked trying again to step out of grip but failing. I looked back up to him finding him smirking. "That's my girl" He rasped, and my leg twitched at the sound. "You are going to have to let me go Rafe" I laughed, and he quickly covered my face in kisses making me squeal.