29

Sarah was blowing up my phone the whole away home, she was mad, but she was stupid as well to go after Barry like that because if JJ had it in his hands he would be spending it stupid

Sarah was blowing up my phone the whole away home, she was mad, but she was stupid as well to go after Barry like that because if JJ had it in his hands he would be spending it stupid. We pulled up outside Tannyhill and I jumped off the bike and taking my helmet off, but Rafe didn't move. I knew he already blamed himself for the burn and it was eating him up.

I removed his helmet to find him arguing with himself. "It's not your fault" I whispered stroking the side of his face. His eyes avoided mine, looking at anything but me. I lent up and kissed his lip. Something gentle and kind filled the air in between us. It soft and warm taking us in its arms knowing they have been dealt an awful hand of cards. He took my face in his hands and deeping the kiss like he needed it more than water.

I pulled away but rest my forehead against him. His breathing was heavy not from the kiss but from the pressure and hate he had over himself. "I'm so sorry Izzy" He whispered but I just shook my head. "It's not your fault, I want to show you something back at my house later" I said taking his hand from my face and holding them in my hands. His eyes finally met mine and soften as he nodded. "I will meet you over there, I have to get a few things first" I spoke but he quickly shook his head. "I'll wait for you" he said and I knew there was no point arguing with him.

I nodded and walked into the house, quickly gathering things to take to spend a night at my house. I grabbed blankets from my room and ran downstairs to the kitchen finding both Ward and Rose there. My presents alerted them, and their eyes snapped to mine. "Where have you been?" Ward deadpan and I halted in my tracks to the fridge. "With Rafe" I answered surprised at the confidence that came out. Shock spread across their faces, I quickly grabbed a few waters from the fridge but Ward stalked towards me but I was quick enough to take a few steps back.

This angered him, he flared his nostrils and eye grew with rage. "Izzy, honey, don't you think it's best to stay home, I know your dad isn't happy" He spoke so bitterly I just tutted at him. "I am okay thank you, there is someone I need to look after, seeing he was kicked out by his own family" I hissed backing away towards the door, but Ward quickly followed me.

I tried to move quickly but I came into contact with another person. John B. Our bodied crashed together but I gripped my supply praying they wouldn't fall. John B steady my body, but I stepped out of his support. Hurt across his eyes and then they travelled down to what I was holding. "Izzy what's the matter?" Sarah stepped forward but I could hear Ward coming. I knew he would stop me from going.

"Nothing I need to go" I whispered as Sarah and John B faces fell; I sprinted toward Rafe who was still sat on his bike. His eyes widened with confusion when he saw me running. "Don't ask" I breathed using my free hand to pull my helmet on, Rafe fastened it and we quickly drove up the drive. I clutched the supplies close to my chest and turned looking back at the house to see the three of them looking back at me. I knew Sarah would have told Ward about the burn by now.

I held on tight to Rafe as the streets around us turned into blurs of light. I knew at some point Ward would have to let Rafe back but who knows when? I knew Sarah was going to hate the relationship between me and Rafe, but people didn't see him how I saw him.

We arrive at the house and the sun was starting to set as Rafe helped me off the bike and takin my helmet off for me. "So come on Castillo what is it you need to show me" He tried to smile but I knew Sarah comment earlier has been deep routed into his brain. I took his hand in mine and led him past the house towards the dock. He stayed quiet as he knew the importance of the dock to me.

I placed blankets on their chair and made him take a seat. "When I feel like everything is crumbling I come here and I just take as long as I need to regain my mind to come back to reality. So when you need to, come here, take as long as you need" I smiled but he pulled me down onto his lap. "You mean everything to me Izzy, I want you to know that" He whispered in my ear as I cuddled further into him. I felt his hand travel through my hair to the nap of my neck.

He tugged slightly so I could look up to him. "I mean that" He added, His eye spoke only one thing to me and that was how mentally tired he was. "I know" I whispered back but his eyes searched mine as if they were looking for something. "Promise me you know" He spoke his voice sounding colder than he intended it to be. "I promise" I replied and that was enough for him to attach his lips to mine. We spent hours in each other 's arms talking about things from when we were younger, He spoke about taking over his dad's business when it's time and how he needed to make peace with him, he needed to start learning about how everything worked. I mainly just listened enjoying the sound of his voice and how is mood had picked up.

The sun had long set and I could see Rafestruggling to keep his eyes open. For a moment we sat in comfortable silence,and I was drawing circles on the side of his cheek and I noticed his headdropped slightly. He had fallen asleep, his head laying on top of mine and Ididn't want to move I was comfortable enough and I slowly let myself do thesame. Falling asleep on his arms in the very place where my heart true dayshattered almost felt like I was healing my inner child.